What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Floor cover

Guys

Regarding the 4 seats floor panels, how did you cover them?
With some kind of glued carpet? Or just removable mats?

And by the way, how about the baggage compartment? Did you glue some carpet? Is there any light, thin and fire resistant carpet?

Can you please share your solutions?
Thanks
Carlos

just one option...

I personally pad the carpet (similar to what Airtex sells), then use velcro strips to attach carpet/padding to the metal floor. Worked on enough certified aircraft over the decades and seen corrosion on glued carpet panels to the aircraft floor, I just won't go down that road myself. I have the SF interior and they suggest gluing carpet (no pad) directly to the metal flooring, I respectfully declined that suggestion.:)

Indoor/Outdoor carpet from the aviation department at Lowes. Some double sided carpet tape to hold it in.

Light, durable and easy to replace when the heal marks under the rudder pedals show wear.

Carl

I agree with John..

Carpet kit from Aerosport products with velcro strips holding it in place.

We have full kits in stock in Tan, Graphite and Flint. Black can also be done. Our carpet kits comply with FAR 25.853(a) Appendix F and pass the horizontal burn test. We can also have the carpet sent out to be treated to pass the vertical test, if desired. Article specific burn test certification documentation can also be provided at additional costs if required/desired. Our kits have heel pads sewn into the front floor mats so that your RV-10 is never with heel marks and unnessary wear. All pieces are held in place with adhesive backed velcro strips. The backing that we use on the carpet provides a soft, non-abrasive texture so that you wont get wear on the cabin floor from putting pressure on a hard backed, cheaper carpet option. This also provides a little bit of sound dampening within the interior. The full kit, including the baggage and rear seating area, all floor mats and tunnel covers is only 11 lbs.

http://aerosportproducts.com/carpet.htm

Give me a call or shoot me an email to discuss options. 614-834-8659 or [email protected]

SF Sport Aviation

SF Sport Aviation offers a complete carpet set available for RV-7/9 and RV-10. Created for easy installation and durability our carpet set brings style and comfort to your RV. With a choice of tan or gray each piece in this set has been laser cut to fit its section to the exact dimension. You also get 4 leather trimmed removable floor mats designed for easy cleanup after those long cross country flights.

Here's the Link:
http://sfsportaviation.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=24_69_111

See more pictures on our Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/sfsportaviation/

ivll4w.jpg

2mzba09.jpg

eq4503.jpg

Last edited:
$431 for carpet from SF Sport Aviaion. $1000 for carpet from AeroSport (and 11 pounds). I'm sure both are nice products but shoot fire - where do you draw the line?

My indoor/outdoor carpet from Lowes cost less than $20 and is less than a pound. I replaced the front pieced once in 5 years (from the orginal chunk of carpet) just because it is so easy. The carpet is only where you feet go and the baggage compartment. Looks just fine.

Carl

$431 for carpet from SF Sport Aviaion. $1000 for carpet from AeroSport (and 11 pounds). I'm sure both are nice products but shoot fire - where do you draw the line?

My indoor/outdoor carpet from Lowes cost less than $20 and is less than a pound. I replaced the front pieced once in 5 years (from the orginal chunk of carpet) just because it is so easy. The carpet is only where you feet go and the baggage compartment. Looks just fine.

Carl

Honestly, I'm not even convinced it is necessary in the baggage compartment.

If you're looking for an inexpensive and workable solution, go to your local carpet dealer and buy some commercial grade, non-padded, carpet with a class 1 fire rating. That generally means a nylon face fiber. Wool is better, but is very difficult to find. Polypropylene, PET, and Polyester face fibers are not generally your friend when it comes to fire protection.

Aerosport Quality

Aerosport agreed to send me just the five floor pieces from their full interior carpet set. As with everything Aerosport provides the quality is high and the fit perfect. Yes, the subset was not inexpensive, but neither is an RV-10!

Back