What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone using the B&C 700H oil filter adapter on an IO-390?

JHartline

Well Known Member
Or as I describe it, "the one that pokes up above the motor a little bit." If so, are there any issues with clearance on the cowling? Fixin' to mount the motor so I'll be able to figure out the clearance on everything under the hood but not the cowling quite yet. I have the test items from B&C so I can get a pretty good measurement on the height.

I know about the tach cable interference...but I have dual P-mags so no issue there. Also looks like the oil cooler return line is clear as well.

Thank you!!

Aaaaand...looks like I answered my own question

Was not expecting to get the engine mounted tonight but my very thoughtful neighbor (A&P) came by and I think it took us ten minutes to get it on the mount. More time to tighten stuff up but that was way faster than I expected.

Gave me time to play with the filter adapter and the standby alternator. It appears everything will fit but probably a specific order for attaching things to ensure I can torque all the nuts properly.

That IO-390 is a looker for sure :)

I'll post some pics when I can...I've not got anything mounted and I also want to check all the fuel and oil lines for proper clearance before I declare total victory. So far looks good.

Awesome. I want to do the exact same thing and there was an earlier thread on it. I'm curious to know what spacer adapters you needed to get because there are a few choices....

Back