What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Arizona tailwheel endorsement needed.

SJordan

Well Known Member
Hello,
Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with my RV4 build and now I realize I have never flown a tailwheel plane. Does anyone have a good recommendation on where to get a tailwheel endorsement around the Phoenix area?

Thanks in Advance

Andy does tailwheel training and endorsements in his champ in AkChin. Desert Rat Aviation is the name of his business.

Ed Kalabus does tailwheel endorsements out of Prescott in his Cessna 140. Also does some instruction out of Cottonwood. I did my BFR in my RV6 with him this past October. Previously, Ed built and flew a Christen Eagle. Can PM contact info if you want to go that route.

Hi Shawn,
I got mine at Falcon field in the old red champ there. Dont know if still flying or not. Sonny Weller at KDVT might give tailwheel endorsements. I think Classic air at Falcon gives tailwheel endorsements.

Last edited:
Chandler Air Service. I got my TW endorsement there - best flight instruction I've ever received. They use Super Cubs.

Back