VAF Forums

VAF Forums (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/index.php)
-   Glass Cockpit (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Garmin logbook no longer uploading (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=176834)

Retiredwhaler 11-11-2019 08:59 PM

Garmin logbook no longer uploading

For the last seven flights, I have not been able to upload the G3X SD card excel file into the Garmin logbook. Prior to this no problem. When I open and look at the excel files they look exactly like the others which loaded without failure. Any ideas? Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks

sibriggs 11-11-2019 11:00 PM

logbook sync

make sure your logbook setting is set to sync, then they upload automatically

sibriggs 11-11-2019 11:07 PM

bluetooth

forgot to say... have your iPhone and g3x Bluetooth-ed together to capture the flight from the g3x to iPhone while your flying.

bsvantho 11-12-2019 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retiredwhaler (Post 1385657)
For the last seven flights, I have not been able to upload the G3X SD card excel file into the Garmin logbook. Prior to this no problem. When I open and look at the excel files they look exactly like the others which loaded without failure. Any ideas? Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks

I have noticed this problem as well - up until a couple of weeks ago there was no issue. There is something wrong with the Garmin website. I uploaded one of my older files that I uploaded previously and it now fails as well. There is no change in the format of the files as you noted - they work fine on other sites such as SavvyAnalysis.

g3xpert 11-12-2019 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retiredwhaler (Post 1385657)

Hello Retired whaler,

You are correct that the Logbook feature of the FlyGarmin website is currently unable to accept to these G3X Touch flight data uploads.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and are working to resolve this.

Thanks,
Steve

Retiredwhaler 11-12-2019 07:59 AM

Thanks! I love all the Garmin features and am just spoiled rotten already. You guys at Garmin have been absolutely great! I am more patient than I appear. (My wife would disagree.)

greg01 11-13-2019 04:22 PM

I, too, am looking forward to seeing a resolution to this issue.

Thanks,
Greg

dweyant 11-14-2019 06:55 AM

Hope they get it fixed soon.

I've been using Garmin as my log book for the last couple of years. It is making tracking all of my currencies a lot more of a pain, got spoiled I guess.....

-Dan

greg01 11-18-2019 11:10 AM

I was wondering if there was an update on this?

Thanks,
Greg

dweyant 11-22-2019 09:18 AM

Any chance of an update on this?

Really hate not having m flight logs, currency etc....

-Dan