What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Las Vegas Airports

crabandy

Well Known Member
What?s the most RV friendly airport to spend a couple of days in Las Vegas, so far I?m leaning towards KHND.
Thanks!

Vegas

If you need a rental car HND is probably the best.Enterprise and Hertz claim to be on the airport. Enterprise also claims to be on the airport at VGT but they are not. Unstaffed counter. HND is also more convienent to the strip. Car can be a blessing or a curse depending on where you want to go.

We do Vegas a bunch and have been using VGT for the last few years. That said, we stay downtown so it's an easy Uber ride.

Vegas

VGT and HND are probably equally RV/EAB friendly. Be very aware of the proximity of the Class B surface area.
Comrade Vlad chose to land at McCarren.

I thought about KLAS but found $100 overnight fees. Most likely skip the rental car and Uber for our stay at Bally’s.

It's been a few years since I have been to Vegas overnight but last few times we went to McMarran. I don't recall the overnight fees being that bad, I bought some expensive fuel and they dropped us off and picked us where at our hotel on the strip. Seemed pretty convenient but we also didn't rent a car either.

Howdy from Utah,

Any tips for flying into VGT with Nellis and KLAS airspace...we will be arriving from the NE.

Thanks
RV-8 ?Miss Fury?

Vegas

Follow I15 under the Bravo until you approach the surface segment of Bravo airspace. Then either a clearance from Nellis approach or fly west and north of the surface area until you are directly north of VGT. Nellis is usually easy to work with.

Having just returned from an overnight at VGT, I can unequivocally say that the $15 overnight fee is the best deal in Vegas! The room at the Park MGM not so much.... :mad:

-Marc

Having just returned from an overnight at VGT, I can unequivocally say that the $15 overnight fee is the best deal in Vegas! The room at the Park MGM not so much.... :mad:

-Marc

I agree the $15 overnight fee is a great deal for Vegas, I lucked out another VAF?r tucked me in their hanger but still paid $15 for an afternoon of parking. I was also charged the $15 fee to taxi up and have them fill my O2 bottle, this charge irked me. I topped of my tanks at the self serve, had them fill my bottle and still charged an extra $15 as they filled my O2.

20 gallons of gas at VGT buys you one night of parking. Never heard of a ramp fee the dozens of times I've been there.

I topped off at PGA prior, I could only squeeze in 11ish gallons, no mercy. I’m planning on emailing the management. I’m totally fine with not meeting the minimum fuel purchase and paying $15 for afternoon parking, but $15 to taxing up so they could fill my O2 is insulting. Perhaps it was just the person running the desk, but I re-iterated the situation very clearly and paid my extra $15.

Last edited:
20 gallons of gas at VGT buys you one night of parking.
My experience at Jean, 0L7, ("owned" by the same Clark County Airport Administration) varied somewhat.

I bought 18.67 gallons at Jean and another few gallons at Henderson (after pump troubles at Jean) within 24 hours and received a total of three (3!) letters in the mail afterward wanting "their" $15.

VGT used to waive the one night fee "on your word" that you were buying 20 gallons from self serve or even if you "got close", but they are quite militant about the 20 gallon minimum since the re model of the terminal. I had to argue a bit recently with a 19.6 gallon purchase, as did a buddy with an 18.5 gallon purchase at Henderson. I managed to convince the counter personnel to waive the overnight; my buddy didn't.

I guess they have to pay for that football stadium somehow!

I topped off at PGA prior, I could only squeeze in 11ish gallons, no mercy. I?m planning on emailing the management. I?m totally fine with not meeting the minimum fuel purchase and paying $15 for afternoon parking, but $15 to taxing up so they could fill my O2 is insulting. Perhaps it was just the person running the desk, but I re-iterated the situation very clearly and paid my extra $15.

What did they charge for the O2?

VGT used to waive the one night fee "on your word" that you were buying 20 gallons from self serve or even if you "got close", but they are quite militant about the 20 gallon minimum since the re model of the terminal. I had to argue a bit recently with a 19.6 gallon purchase, as did a buddy with an 18.5 gallon purchase at Henderson. I managed to convince the counter personnel to waive the overnight; my buddy didn't.

I guess they have to pay for that football stadium somehow!

When we were there (VGT) last weekend, I was asked on arrival if I needed fuel. I told them yes but I wanted to wait until we were departing. I had them top the tanks prior to departing and the bill reflected the $15 overnite fee and a $15 credit. The fuel was comparably priced to SoCal so I had no problem with the cost. It was a "known" cost and compared to everything else in down-town Vegas, it was a good deal.

-Marc

Back