What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rv6 glass panel fit

Redbud40

Well Known Member
Has anybody upgraded to a 10inch left 7 inch right setup? Or a two screen 10 inch side by side? Curious as to the fit and where/ and how the other panel components or remote components fit. Thanks.
Mike R

Has anybody upgraded to a 10inch left 7 inch right setup? Or a two screen 10 inch side by side? Curious as to the fit and where/ and how the other panel components or remote components fit. Thanks.
Mike R

Take a scroll through the "Show us your panel" Sticky thread. A picture tells you how much space you'll use and what else will fit where better then someone's description.

BTW, I'll be facing the same dilemma when I undertake panel update number 2!!!

Craig

I just shoe-horned a GRT 10.4" Efis into my stock RTV-6 panel, along with a mini-x (necessary, as I had no more space for my steam backup instruments). It is kind of tight but it works. I can shoot a pic this weekend.

This replaced dynon legacy gear and steam backups

Larry

Been planning a AFS 5600 10"

It will fit my stock panel without serious issue, but I may go ahead and use the deeper panel, since I already have the blank. I have a Dynon EMS 120 and D10A which I will keep for engine instruments and backup.

I have a pic of my mockup, if you would send me an email, I will send it to you.

Planning on doing my "big buy" after Sun n Fun.

Ron

to answer the original question directly - yes, our RV-6 has a large screen G3X Touch on the left, and the small Touch on the right. The radio stack is in the original position.

Paul, is there a picture of your setup lurking around? I found one but looks like they are older garmins side by side with radios on the right. Thanks.

I just had Steinair cut a panel out for me. It has two 10" Dynon HDX screens incorporated.

FP18022017A00013.jpg

You can fit (3) 10" screens in an RV-6 if you want:

IMG_0322s.jpg

Our general recommendation is to not put the second screen all the way over on the right. Keep it in the middle. You'll be using it a lot, and it should be close to you. The guy (or gal) in the right seat can see stuff in the middle just fine so you can put the PFD on there when they want to fly, but it's much more optimal for the 99% of the time where it's being flown from the left seat.

Last edited:
Back