VAF Forums

VAF Forums (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/index.php)
-   My RV Build Project (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   RV-7A JCarne (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=149050)

jcarne 04-28-2017 07:33 AM

RV-7A JCarne
 
Well I just noticed this section here so I figured I would start a log so people could follow my build. The picture here puts a face to the name. Also I am done with everything on the tail except for the elevators.:D


Raymo 04-28-2017 09:16 AM

Looks great, Jereme. I first flew my -7A in late January. You are going to LOVE it. I call it my Corvette in the sky compared to the Cherokee 140 I owned previously. Still have the ground version, which is a 1984 Corvette that mostly sits in the garage looking good :)

jcarne 04-28-2017 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymo (Post 1169176)
Looks great, Jereme. I first flew my -7A in late January. You are going to LOVE it. I call it my Corvette in the sky compared to the Cherokee 140 I owned previously. Still have the ground version, which is a 1984 Corvette that mostly sits in the garage looking good :)

Ray I remember you posting about your first flight, awesome man. You may also notice in the pic that there is a car next to me; that is my wife's 64-1/2 mustang (planes and cars go together I guess haha). The car is getting the boot when my wings get here though! Okay it is just moving to a new temporary home.

xblueh2o 04-28-2017 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcarne (Post 1169340)
You may also notice in the pic that there is a car next to me; that is my wife's 64-1/2 mustang

I saw the picture and from just the corner of the car window and thought to myself "that looks like a 64.5-66 hard top". How bad is that?
I am the second owner of an unrestored 66 fastback which I have owned for essentially 30 years. Once the airplane is done the Horse gets its turn in the shop.

jcarne 04-29-2017 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xblueh2o (Post 1169359)
I saw the picture and from just the corner of the car window and thought to myself "that looks like a 64.5-66 hard top". How bad is that?
I am the second owner of an unrestored 66 fastback which I have owned for essentially 30 years. Once the airplane is done the Horse gets its turn in the shop.

Sam pretty impressive you noticed that. My wife's grandfather gave this car to her when he passed on because she showed so much interest in it while younger. Getting my wing kit will be a double win because the car is getting moved to her brother's house and he is going to redo the engine for us. (he is a mechanic)

jcarne 04-30-2017 10:57 AM

Well some what of a big day today. Not big in the sense that I completed a new component but I did make a request with the FAA for my tail number. I have been searching for quite some time but was having no luck finding something that was A) meaningful to me and B) easy to say. I finally settled on 187E.

1= first plane I am building

87= birth year

E= nickname in college

jcarne 05-01-2017 10:21 PM

Well this happened today... I am waiting to see what Van's says about this. I don't mind replacing parts it's paying $31 dollars in shipping that I'm not fond of...:mad:


jcarne 05-03-2017 07:45 AM

Well Van's said I could go ahead and just bend this back. (detailed on my other thread) Here is the after pic. Also new news, got my wing invoice and I'm scheduled to have wings crated on 6/12/17! Just in time for my summer break! :)




jcarne 05-05-2017 07:26 AM

Right elevator
 
The right elevator only needs its leading edge rolled and it will be on the wall!


jcarne 05-09-2017 08:14 PM

Just finished the right elevator today after spend 2.5 hrs rolling the edges yesterday. Rolling the edges on the elevator I thought were waaaay more difficult than the rudder.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:14 AM.