What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TS Flightlines brake lines

ClarkieSr

Has anyone installed TS Flightlines brake line hoses from the bottom of the fuse to the brake caliper. If you did, could you tell me how you installed them on your -10 and/or send or post some pics for me

Thanks
Tom Clark
N646LC
80% complete

Got them installed

I very muck like the braided lines. To my liking they are a little too long. About 1.5-2 inches shorter would be better (have not measured). Securing them to the front of gear leg all the way down, they end up with a loop going forward at the bottom that I think puts strain on the hose and caliper connection. I had to enlarge the hole in the wheel spat to accommodate the loop. It is still all inside the lower intersection fairing though but only just.
Johan

Has anyone installed TS Flightlines brake line hoses from the bottom of the fuse to the brake caliper. If you did, could you tell me how you installed them on your -10 and/or send or post some pics for me

Thanks
Tom Clark
N646LC
80% complete

Install them just like the aluminum ones in the plans.

WE make ours 31.5 inches long straight and straight; straight and 90* for the Matco calipers using a straight 816 nipple in the caliper to clear the pants bracket. WE dont wrap the hose around the axle like the aluminum tube in the plans call for. The extra (little) slack at the front of the axle allows the caliper to move without binding.

We do this type of install on most all RV models. Yep some builders like the long hose version to wrap around the axles, and we can certainly do that. There are ALOT of RV's flying with our standard package and no issues. WE have a few here at 3J1 that I monitor.

Tom

WE make ours 31.5 inches long straight and straight; straight and 90* for the Matco calipers using a straight 816 nipple in the caliper to clear the pants bracket. WE dont wrap the hose around the axle like the aluminum tube in the plans call for. The extra (little) slack at the front of the axle allows the caliper to move without binding.

We do this type of install on most all RV models. Yep some builders like the long hose version to wrap around the axles, and we can certainly do that. There are ALOT of RV's flying with our standard package and no issues. WE have a few here at 3J1 that I monitor.

Tom

That's how I did mine. Straight down the leg and then to the fitting on the caliper -- no loop.

It took me a while to get the picture up on my site #hostingproblems. But now that it's there, I hope this is useful. Since the lines are flexible, you don't need the loop. Enough slack at both ends for flexing. Nicely made hoses; I would do this again in a heartbeat.

DSC01335.jpg

No loop either. I ended up shortening mine so they wouldn't chafe against the fairings. Tom is just the greatest to work with.

A little off topic, but

I just received and installed my TS Flightlines brake hoses and am very impressed with the product, glad I did this. I don't think I will ever have leak issues with this as I have had for years in the 6A with the NylaFlow stuff. Here are some pics of my installation. Tom, feel free to use these for any need you may have. Great working with you, and I will be calling again when it's engine FWF time:D

(I will add caterpillar edge trim in the brace to protect the interconnecting hoses there. Hose ends were slightly too large for any snap bushings I had on hand.)

An aside - these holes in the "firewall brace" (don't have plans in front of me for part #'s) on the right hand side of the firewall recess box... are they for a purpose? On the left hand side, they attach to the rudder pedal torque tube center brace and the firewall recess with flush rivets. These holes appear to be a mirror image of the other side, but not sure what purpose they serve. Match drill the stainless and rivet? Or leave alone? Not sure if these are factory holes or something the previous builder added.

Looking good Bill---

you can also use grommets in the pedal brace for the crossover hoses. Some builders even make an angled bracket and use 2 adel clamps.

Looks good!
Tom

Excellent Vendor

I will jump onto this thread as it a recent one about hoses. I asked Tom at TS Flightlines to rework a hose that came with my Lycoming and to make another from scratch. He sent me a reasonable quote.

My hoses, first rate quality BTW, came back with a invoice total that was a fraction of the quote. I emailed Tom that surely a mistake had been made. Nope, he replied, I had some leftover hose from another customer and used it for one of yours.

Wow, what a pleasant surprise. Highly recommended!

More praise at:[URL/]http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=140532&highlight=Flightlines[/URL]

Bill and Joe--

Hope you dont mind but I DID upload your pics into a file on my computer. Pics say 10,000 words, and your are very helpful. One day, I'll have a file for each plane, each system, maybe even for each accessory that pertains to what we do.
If anyone else has pics they'd like to share, please let me know. (Working on some Beringer Brake conversion stuff now with Viviane and Claire). Fuel and Brake systems, especially fuel, are appreciated.
You wouldnt think that plumbing a servo could be challenging, and it wasnt--years ago. But now, with different sumps, servos, and even exhausts, it becomes more and more challenging. But fun!
With alot of you using the EFII and SDS systems, we are working (slowly) on making a package that isnt totally a custom creation for each plane, but more bolt in ready for the various models. So--even if you didnt get hoses from us, pic are appreciated so we can combine things to make it easier for the next builder.

Tom

Great!

Tom, I would be happy to help out, in fact I will befalling you in the next week about fuel lines for an EFII system, oil lines for a larger oil cooler, and oil lines for an Airwolf remote filter. All for my -10. Talk to you soon!

Brake lines

I will second the Rave about Tom and TS Flightlines.
Not to thread drift but how do builder secure the lines to the rudder weldments?
It looks like most use zip ties. Some don't have anything. Just curious.

Adele clamps. Personally I have tried to avoid zip ties on metal against metal because I believe they are less durable and especially in dirty compartments like the engine, subject to dirt abrasion on the surfaces they contact.

I will second the Rave about Tom and TS Flightlines.
Not to thread drift but how do builder secure the lines to the rudder weldments?
It looks like most use zip ties. Some don't have anything. Just curious.

I did not secure them to the rudder tubing in any way but did wrap some rubber tubing around the lines where they rub and secured with tie-wraps.

Back