VAF Forums

VAF Forums (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/index.php)
-   RV-14 (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Introducing the RV-14 (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=89023)

DeltaRomeo 07-23-2012 02:35 PM

Introducing the RV-14

Front page VAF, front page Van's site, front page Van's FB page.

V/r,
dr

bhassel 07-23-2012 02:54 PM

Awesome - a cross between the 7 (aerobatic), 9 (cruiser) and 10 (roomy)!

I can't wait to see one~

Bob

tkatc 07-23-2012 03:59 PM

Seems to be a Frankentstein of sorts. Some of the better attributes from each model.

Bob Kuykendall 07-23-2012 04:02 PM

A shout-out to Steve Smith (scsmith on this forum) for the airfoil design. It worked so well on the RV-10 that Vans used it on the -14.

JordanGrant 07-23-2012 04:12 PM

As a -6 builder/driver, this new RV-14 really gets me excited to build again! From the outside, I'm sure it looks to the uninitiated like kind of the same thing as the previous 2-seaters but really it's genius. This design addresses so many of the limitations I've found in operating my RV-6. 2050# gross weight! That's a 450# increase over the original RV-6! That by itself makes the 14 a huge advancement to me. Still aerobatic at 1900#! I really did not expect the 14 to be anything that I'd be interested in, but I think Van has really nailed it with this one.

Kobwo 07-23-2012 04:30 PM

The Videos

Hello, I'm deployed overseas right now and have a terrible time with streaming video. Is there anywhere I can go to download them? I'm very excited. These deployments got in the way of working on the -7 tail. There must be a reason for everything. Time to order some -14 wings!

RumbaChad 07-23-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobwo (Post 682809)
Hello, I'm deployed overseas right now and have a terrible time with streaming video. Is there anywhere I can go to download them? I'm very excited. These deployments got in the way of working on the -7 tail. There must be a reason for everything. Time to order some -14 wings!

Kobwo, if you pm me your email I'll see if I can get the videos compressed and smaller-sized for you. :)

Cheers,

-Adam

Vlad 07-23-2012 05:45 PM

I love it. I wish it was introduced some 6 years ago. This machine would make Bermuda and Hawaii weekends possible for me and landing gear is perfect for Vanuatu dirt strips. The cross country winner is designed...

Mike S 07-23-2012 05:48 PM

So, this third generation (or is it fourth?) RV 6 has a nose wheel, but no "A" designation.

They mention a tail wheel model is in the works-----------what are they going to call it???

mike newall 07-23-2012 05:55 PM

It's a 2012 RV7-A

It's kinda what happened to the 6 when it turned into the 7.

It's progress, which I think is good, it is a really nice aeroplane, works well, looks well, but ......................

It's got a wheel on the front, which, unfortunately seems to be the Vans future and I do hope it isn't because of Elfen Safety liability problems.

Sure, I am biased - I wouldn't build a nosewheel aeroplane, because many times I operate out of grass strips that are - er - agricultural. A bit like what Van started out on many, many years ago.

I would predict the 7 will stop production, the 8 will be the last tailwheel and all will be safe.

Nothing wrong with that, but think ahead to a post Van era.

Say, Pop, when you built your RV, why did it have a little wheel at the back ?

Because it was fun son - because it was fun :D:D