What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

JPI EDM-350

flyboycpa

Given that it's only just not being released, has anyone done any research on it?

I'm considering it for a full-panel overhaul and at 3-1/2" square, the size is great for all the features (if you order it full-house).

Otherwise, not sure how it may compare to the EDM-740, which does pretty much the same thing, only in a slightly-larger package.

Sam

Looks like a decent setup until I started adding in the options I wanted to see. Went from $800 to $3,000 very quickly.

I'd be tempted to look at the MGL offering..

I?m with Tram. With everything alacarte except the cht and egt. It basically prices itself out of the market. Looks neat though.

Looks like a decent setup until I started adding in the options I wanted to see. Went from $800 to $3,000 very quickly.

I'd be tempted to look at the MGL offering..
I started with JPI (EDM 740). Now with MGL, though I went full EFIS.

The JPI gear is good gear and works very well, but it does get expensive quickly when you want anything more than the basic offering, and unless you know someone who knows someone, I found tech support for the experimental side ahem.... "sporadic" (putting it nicely).

MGL USA has a great guy running the show there (Matt).

I prefer EI (Electronics International) over JPI, in fact I like them so much I recently added a CGR-30P to my panel as I found the MVP50 which I've had for around 10 years to be a pain to look at sometimes on the RH side of the panel. I may eventually remove the MVP50 and just keep the CGR for all my engine monitoring needs. Before anybody asks I like having my flight intruments seperate from my engine monitor so I've elected to keep the EI stuff rather than put it on the G3X. I also think the CGR is a bit less than the JPI, and the support from EI is the best. The EI has also been absolutely trouble free for all these years... zero problems.

IMG_7793-1200-XL.jpg

Last edited:
I prefer EI (Electronics International) over JPI, in fact I like them so much I recently added a CGR-30P to my panel as I found the MVP50 which I've had for around 10 years to be a pain to look at sometimes on the RH side of the panel. I may eventually remove the MVP50 and just keep the CGR for all my engine monitoring needs. Before anybody asks I like having my flight intruments seperate from my engine monitor so I've elected to keep the EI stuff rather than put it on the G3X. I also think the CGR is a bit less than the JPI, and the support from EI is the best.

IMG_7793-1200-XL.jpg

I have to chime in here and say, WOW!!! :D That panel looks amazing!

I?m with Tram. With everything alacarte except the cht and egt. It basically prices itself out of the market. Looks neat though.

Agree. I don't see the value in this package/offering. You'd be further ahead to just go with the JPI-830, which is also certified (STC), but cannot replace existing gauges in a certified plane.

JPI 350

I just installed the 350 in my -8. All the options did run the price up, but so far I am very please with it. Nice presentation, bright sun no problem. A lot of information in a compact package.

I prefer EI (Electronics International) over JPI, in fact I like them so much I recently added a CGR-30P to my panel as I found the MVP50 which I've had for around 10 years to be a pain to look at sometimes on the RH side of the panel. I may eventually remove the MVP50 and just keep the CGR for all my engine monitoring needs. Before anybody asks I like having my flight intruments seperate from my engine monitor so I've elected to keep the EI stuff rather than put it on the G3X. I also think the CGR is a bit less than the JPI, and the support from EI is the best. The EI has also been absolutely trouble free for all these years... zero problems.

IMG_7793-1200-XL.jpg

Are you selling the MVP50? I might be interested.

JPI EDM 350 question

After looking at the install and op manual, I thought many of the sensors I already have in my RV6A would be compatible. I was thinking I could by the basic kit with the CHT/EGT X4 and add other sensors later using the sensor already installed in the plane and making a wiring harness, etc. HOWEVER, the JPI sales lady and Aircraft Spruce (dealer) told me any option you do not buy at the time of initial purchase necessitate the EDM 350 to be returned to the factory for reprogramming to enable. Obviously, this means your plane is down and it also locks you in to buying all the options from them, even if you have compatible sensors. Has anyone bought one to know if this is true?

Back