What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

coolant spring

HansLab

Well Known Member
All,
How in the world did you guys inserted the spring into the coolant hose? I am thinking about searching a smaller diameter. Unless one of you lets me see the light. And don't point out the manual / plier thing: that didn't work after 3 cm.

All,
How in the world did you guys inserted the spring into the coolant hose? I am thinking about searching a smaller diameter. Unless one of you lets me see the light. And don't point out the manual / plier thing: that didn't work after 3 cm.

Are you certain you were trying to rotate the spring in the proper direction?

When rotated the proper way, the spring will naturally get smaller in diameter and get be pushed through the hose while it is being turned.

Yep, I'm sure. The spring thread is quite thick, it's diameter hardly gets smaller. Couldn't get it any further than some 2"
thanks for your quick reaction!

Without raising eyebrows... how about trying some lubricant? Perhaps soapy water solution and rinse once spring is fully inserted.

I just heated the pipes with hot water out of the hot water tap and they went in by hand with no pliers and no twisting. The water also acted as a lubricant.

Slightly bend inward the leading point of the spring so it doesn't dig into the tubing wall as the spring is rotated.

Back