What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Part # For RV-10 Main Wheel Covers?

9GT

Well Known Member
Patron
I can?t find the Van?s part number for those stamped aluminum wheel covers that Van?s supplies with the wheel kit for the 6? mains no matter what I put in the search field. The ones that came with my RV-9 are 5? but have no Van?s part number on them and are not shown in any of the drawings. Any help here is appreciated. Dave

I confess I have no idea what these wheel covers are that you are referring to. Do you have a pic by chance?

Are they even a Vans part?

Or, supplied along with the wheel by the mfg?

I think you may be right Mike. I was thinking that Van's might sell them.. I want the larger 6" ones used on the -10 to use as fuel tank access covers.

Last edited:
I confess I have no idea what these wheel covers are that you are referring to. Do you have a pic by chance?
I remember that they were in one of my RV-10 kits,,,probably the finish kit the wheels came in. They were both packaged in a single small padded manila envelope. I never gave them a second thought and passed them on to the buyer of my -10 in case he ever wanted to use them.

PM me your contact info - I?ll send mine to you, just sitting on shelf gathering dust.....

Phil
Salt Lake City
-10 awaiting inspection

PM me your contact info - I?ll send mine to you, just sitting on shelf gathering dust.....

Phil
Salt Lake City
-10 awaiting inspection

Thanks for the offer Phil. I spent some more time researching this on the web and decided to just go ahead and buy the Van's Fuel Tank Repair Kit at $8.10 each. I need 12 for my tank modification project. I did find the 5" wheel covers at AS&S, part #157-00800. The cheap aluminum ones we get with our kits run about $17.00 each there.

Interesting -- my kit did not come with anything remotely resembling the part number you listed for Aircraft Spruce.

Interesting -- my kit did not come with anything remotely resembling the part number you listed for Aircraft Spruce.

They may not include them any longer as it seems most folks never used them. I would have installed them for operations without using the wheel fairings but I kept my fairings installed for all flights after initial flight testing.

Back