What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I just started an RV-14A ... any other builders in the Orlando area?

AlexC

Well Known Member
Hello VAF community,

After having lurked on the RV-14 Forum for a few months, and visited a number of your excellent blogs and websites, I finally took an EAA SportAir workshop, and pulled the trigger on an RV-14A empennage kit. Yesterday, I completed Section 6 (Vertical Stabilizer) - if you are interested, my build log is here: https://alex-rv14a.blogspot.com

After searching VAF, it doesn't appear anyone in or around the Orlando, FL, area is currently working on an RV-14. If anyone is working on one, or knows of someone who is, I'd love to get in touch and see their build progress. Feel free to post a reply, or PM me. That includes Titusville, Apopka, Daytona, Kissimmee, etc. ... all are close-enough for me to drive.

I look forward to this journey - although I'm only about 5 pages into the empennage kit plans, so far, it has been an absolute blast!

_Alex

Alex - I'm in Ponte Vedra. About 2 hrs from you. Happy to show you what I'm doing, talk RV-14.

Thanks very much, Turner! I'll definitely be contacting you to take you up on your offer. From your blog, I noticed your panel diagram has very similar components to those I've envisioned. Congrats on a very nice build!

_Alex

There is a guy that lives in my development, Stoneybrook East (off Alafaya, south of Curry Ford Road) that just completed a 14. I'm not sure if he is on the forum much. If you don't hear from him I'll try to find a way to get you two in touch.

Also, there is good friend of mine that lives in Oviedo. He had a -14 project, but sold it and purchased a -6A, which he keeps at SFB. As with the above, I'm not sure if he is on the forum much. If you don't hear from him I'll try to find a way to get you two in touch.

Even though I currently own a Maule, I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, and I have owned a -4 and a -6!!!

Last edited:
Even though I fly an A330, I stay at The Florida Hotel by the mall and own an RV7 and am building an RV14 :D

I'm building a -14A in Clermont. Send me a PM for my contact details; I'd be glad to show you my project, visit yours, or chat anytime.

I'm building a -14A in Clermont. Send me a PM for my contact details; I'd be glad to show you my project, visit yours, or chat anytime.

Excellent, thanks Ken! I'll PM you about getting together; great to know we aren't that far away from each other (I burned many holes in the sky training over the fields just south of Lake Apopka and east of Lake Louisa).

_Alex

There is a guy that lives in my development, Stoneybrook East (off Alafaya, south of Curry Ford Road) that just completed a 14. I'm not sure if he is on the forum much. If you don't hear from him I'll try to find a way to get you two in touch.

John Santaniello is who you?re probably referring to. Don?t remember his username here on VAF. He?s on the VAF Facebook page, I believe.

John Santaniello is who you?re probably referring to. Don?t remember his username here on VAF. He?s on the VAF Facebook page, I believe.

Thanks Ray! I just found his first flight (June 1st, 2018) posting on The Mothership website - I'll try to touch base via that contact.

_Alex

Orlando

I live in Orlando and finished my RV-14A back an June. Let me know if you have and questions. BTW, I'm the guy Chris was referring to in an earlier post that lives in Stoneybrook East

I live in Orlando and finished my RV-14A back an June. Let me know if you have and questions. BTW, I'm the guy Chris was referring to in an earlier post that lives in Stoneybrook East

Excellent, thanks! I'll PM you...

Back