VAF Forums

VAF Forums (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/index.php)
-   Reviews (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Crow Enterprises - harnesses (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=63119)

rjcthree 09-28-2010 07:15 PM

Crow Enterprises - harnesses

I ordered 2 harnesses from Crow Wednesday of last week they arrived Tuesday (today, CA to OH). Exactly what I ordered - 5 pt, 2" pull down, pads, camlock, black. When I called and told them is was for a Van's aircraft, they asked simple 'tandem or side by side?'. Nice that they know what they really need to know.

$155 each, as described.

Great workmanship, timely delivery, good people. Call, the owner may be picking up the phone. Gotta love it.

And the replacement racing shoes I ordered are good too, but that's another story (mmmmm . . . Miata . . . race tires . . . coil overs . . .).:cool:

Sidebar idea, I may buy a single layer suit for phase 1 testing, seems like a little bit of insurance, and a greasy flight suit kinda sounds cool.

Rick 90432

rwarre 09-28-2010 08:00 PM

Met the owner

I was staying at the Mariott in Denver(week-end rate) and got in the elevator with a guy who was wearing a tee-shirt with the Crow emblem. I told him I had Crow seat belts in my airplane, and he replied, I am Don Crow, the owner. You never know who you are going to meet in an elevator.

hydroguy2 09-28-2010 08:55 PM

Arnie, I installed my crotch brackets per the factory. Spacing was fine....EXCEPT the tang that came on my Crow seatbelt is ~1" too short. I could have called Crow and got the correct attachment piece. But I elected to machine some new ones.

Brantel 09-29-2010 07:56 AM

Yep, stock spacing works fine. There is a little flex in those parts after they are riveted in anyway.

It is best to ask for the longer buckle/attach point. It keeps the webbing away from those edges of the cutout.

Luv my Crow's!!! Best value out there in harnesses! Get the camlocks..they are sweeeet!

DanH 09-29-2010 09:04 AM

Don is fine with deleting the big "CROW" text labels on the shoulder belt faces.

2" or 3" webbing is your choice.

Machined aluminum bushings to adapt the anchor tangs to our AN4 size is now included.

LR2001 09-30-2010 08:41 PM

Hardware

Dan - do you mean they now offer the long anchor hardware with a smaller bolt hole?

I've been wanting to upgrade to Crows, but in the past they always used really short hardware that was awkward to retrofit into a flying RV (interfered with anchor brackets). Or longer hardware with the wrong size bolt holes. Is that what they have fixed?

Matt

DanH 09-30-2010 08:57 PM

No fix.....I guess what I got was the longer anchor tangs with oversize holes, but they include the bushings to sleeve those holes down to 1/4".

baisicrv 09-30-2010 11:20 PM

Hi
I looked on Crow website and did not see any info for the RV .Any one have a web site that shows the options for Crow belts.
Thanks

hydroguy2 10-01-2010 12:03 AM

They don't advertise for Experimental aircraft seatbelts. Gotta call them

Brantel 10-01-2010 07:39 AM

Looks like they now include the longer ones with a reducer bushing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LR2001 (Post 472094)
Dan - do you mean they now offer the long anchor hardware with a smaller bolt hole?

I've been wanting to upgrade to Crows, but in the past they always used really short hardware that was awkward to retrofit into a flying RV (interfered with anchor brackets). Or longer hardware with the wrong size bolt holes. Is that what they have fixed?

Matt