What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Digiflight II Track / Altitude Hold Problem

tmcguff

I have a Trutrak Digiflght II autopilot with a Garmin 430 and AFS EFIS. When rolling out of a turn, wings level and egaging the track/altitude hold the autopilot will begin a shallow turn for 6-8 degrees in the direction of the preceding turn and then turn back to the selected track. If I disengage and re-engage the AP after this deviation it holds the selected track without deviation. I recently had the software version updated to V2.53. Trutrak has been good to work with and even sent a new AP to me which did the same thing. They are stumped and I'm out of ideas. Is anyone with this software version and setup having any problems? Here is a link to a video of the problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3z--S6R-YE

have you talked to to advanced flight?
Is that a 4500?
I fly my AP through the AFS EFIS with the trutrak in GPSS mode.
Alan

You need to calibrate both the digiflight and the EFIS. The various gain settings need adjusting.

In manual mode, turn the AP 90 degrees left and right. Each time adjust the roll gain until it comes out right on the desired heading. Do the same for the pitch setting by selecting an altitude to climb or descend to.

The put the EFIS in heading mode and set the AP gain settings on the EFIS. I?ve found these settings allow you to fine tune the AP head settings.

Details on the settings are in the AFS manuals.

Back