What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for engine assistance in california, south of Bay Area

Roy Thoma

Well Known Member
Capt Sandy and I are snow-birds about to head south from the SF Bay area, looking for warmer (dry) weather. We are heading toward southern CA / western AZ. I have a cylinder that needs to be pulled and sent to LyCon for service. I could take N174RT to Aircraft Services in Visalia but they won't let me help and I hate to have someone work on my plane without me participating.

I'm looking for an experimental friendly mechanic and a place to work on N174RT where I can remove the cowl, baffles, etc and then the mechanic can pull the cylinder. I'll ship the cylinder to Lycon and would like help from the mechanic to reinstall the cylinder when it is returned.

email or phone/text work best for me:
roy at abornthoma dot com
five 03 seven 08 five 794

Thanks,

Your might try Francisco at Aeromechanix in San Diego, they are pretty good about those kinds of things. 760 522-8320

I'm based at the same airport - Ramona, KRNM. Let me know if there is anyway I can help as well. I have a UPS shipping account which might be helpful.

Thanks

Thanks for the referral's.

Robert, I'll let you know if we end up at Aeromechanix.

Regards,

Sounds good, Roy. If you speak to Francisco, feel free to mention my name - I used to work there. Also, Chuck Hall regularly flies his P-51 "Six Shooter" out of Ramona. I real treat, even for those of us based there.

Back