What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VOR/LOC/GS Antenna

echoooo

Hi.
I?m converting my VFR RV7 to an IFR one. I?m looking for the best/cheapest VOR/LOC/GS antenna to install easily in my plane.
Any recommandation?
Alain

For the antenna, The archer wingtip VOR antenna is the cheapest and easiest.
I have one new in box left wing Ill sell for for $100 shipped CONUS. (SOLD)
Spruce One

11-21015-1.jpg

Last edited:
Kahuna, Thanks for your offer, but I?m looking for an antenna which receive all VOR, LOC AND GS signals.

Alain

Alain,

The above Archer antenna does receive all. VOR/LOC/GS. They work well, some up to 100 miles if installed right, and do great on an ILS approach.

I have one in my plane feeding a SL30. Follow the install directions and it will work fine,

Brian

Last edited:
+1 on the Archer. Mine is in the left wing and serves my 430W and SL30.

No reception issues, and not external.

I installed the cat whiskers on my RV-7A as well. they are out of the way and noone notices them. they also receive the vor/loc signals extremely well.

Sam

I use the cat whiskers mounted under the tail. That way it doesn't get kicked and isn't an eyesore. I've installed them on both the -6 and -8 with great results.
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/avpages/ramiav525.php?clickkey=15410

not cheapest, but hard to cheap out on IFR when you NEED an antenna that will function dependably.

I put my twin dipole V under fuselage, under Horz Stab, Fwd of tail wheel spring mount. I had a duplex'er so it was VOR, LOC and ILS. It was out of the way and worked very well.

Back