What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine performance data Subaru e-6

davef

I'm looking for the engine performance data for the Subaru e-6. The data goes into the grt hxr to compute % power calculations and specific fuel consumption (sfc). It consists of sea level performance with rpm from 2k to 2700 at 55% map and 75% map. And delta Hp for altitudes from 2k to 18k.

I'm looking for the engine performance data for the Subaru e-6. The data goes into the grt hxr to compute % power calculations and specific fuel consumption (sfc). It consists of sea level performance with rpm from 2k to 2700 at 55% map and 75% map. And delta Hp for altitudes from 2k to 18k.

The true hp and BSFC figures could only be obtained from instrumented dyno testing. That's never been done to my knowledge.

We know that the Eggenfellner sixes were well down from the stock hp ratings due to their restrictive intake and exhaust systems since they're typically inferior in speed to lower rated, Lycoming powered, similar type aircraft.

Back