What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 builders in Denver

tomjj

I'm New Here
Hey gang,

Long time lurker (a few years now), finally got a VAF account four months ago. But THIS is my first post! Started building an RV-10 in May of this year. VS and rudder complete, HS started..

Wondering if there are any active RV-10 builders in the Denver metro area? I'm not working alone; I have an A&P with Van's experience mentoring me, but it would be nice to meet others in the area...

Tom

Last edited:
Not Quite Denver

Hi Tom,

I?m building a -10 up in Eagle. Not quite Denver but somewhat close. I?m currently working on the wings. This is my third RV having previously built a -6 and an -8 (which I still own). Most of my family live along the Front Range in Northern CO, so I make it down there quite often.

Rick McBride

Hi Tom.

I'm building an RV-10 slow build in Lakewood, CO, so not too bad of a drive for you. There is also another 10 I know of being built in the vicinity of Denver University, just a little east of me. I am working to finish out the instructions for the fuselage kit and I'm expecting my finishing kit to be delivered later this month. I also happen to be the current President of Denver's EAA Chapter 301, although this is the last year of my term.

I am building an RV-10 in south Denver. Just working through the process of installing the engine. Things are moving along fairly well and I would be glad to get together sometime.

Thanks for the responses, guys! I work out in Littleton, so maybe we could arrange a meet after work sometime soon!

I am building an RV-10 in south Denver. Just working through the process of installing the engine. Things are moving along fairly well and I would be glad to get together sometime.

Mark,

You should change your signature. It still shows that you live in SC. I think it would be great to have a meet up with Tom. I also want to see how you're coming on your project, Mark, as it's been a while.

Denver-ish RV-10 Builders..

..I will be giving a presentation at my Chapter's next meeting about my experiences thus far building my RV-10. It's on Friday, October 19th, at 7PM, at the South Metro Fire Station (Main Board Room) in Centennial, CO. The actual address (if you have problems googling it) is on our website, which in my signature below.

I welcome anyone in the local area, who is currently building an RV or thinking of building an RV, to attend. My presentation will hit the following topics:

-How to pick a project
-How to learn the skills to build
-How to build a shop and organize
-How to budget time and money for a project
-My specific experiences building an RV-10

For those 10 Builders that I already know in the area, please come, so we can catch up, Q&A with each other and offer support to any newbies.

Last edited:
We are at Front Range

We dont post much, but just moved our -10 to Front Range for finish work. We have the finish kit, avionics, and are ordering the engine this week.

Back