What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wiring ELT connector

Stockmanreef

Well Known Member
I prefer to not screw this up. On the WH-00125 wiring diagram for the Tailcone Left it shows the wiring of the 4 pin connector for the ACK-ELT (RS-232 DIN connector).

So here is the stupid question:

It shows the pin diagram but not which side one is looking at. Am I looking at the side with the pins you solder on to? Or the plug side (finished end).

I did look up the pin diagram on Mouser and that shows it from the front of the plug, so the pins are in the back.

thanks
ken

Yeah, I looked at that before i posted and the bottom right of the page shows the labeling end on (finished plug side) and the top shows the other side. I was just not sure that Van's labeled it the same way and that there a standard convention for labeling.

thanks
ken

Yeah, I looked at that before i posted and the bottom right of the page shows the labeling end on (finished plug side) and the top shows the other side. I was just not sure that Van's labeled it the same way and that there a standard convention for labeling.

thanks
ken

The convention should be to use the pin numbers 1,2,3,4

If Vans used the pin numbers then both pictures on page 8 are correct, one looks from the solder cup side and one looks in from the contact side.

The pin numbers should define the connections.

Back