What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CG prediction?

Iluke

Well Known Member
Any guesses where my CG will fall out?

I'm building a -7 slider, very much stock, and planning a Superior IO-360 and the light weight Sensenich ground-adjustable prop. Planning a basic VFR glass panel, no upholstry or other add-ons. I will be painting the exterior with Acry Glo.

Just wondering if anyone has a similar set up, and if so where did your CG end up? An idea of whether it will likely be nose or tail heavy would be helpful in planning out the rest of the build.

thanks,

Ivan

Ivan, my 7 came out a little tail heavy. I have CS prop and IO360 with full leather seats interior and electric elevator trim. My ELT is just behind the baggage compartment bulkhead. I painted the plane myself. My suggestion is to keep everything as forward as you can and minimal coats of paint on the bottom of the wings and tail. Do a search on the subject and you will learn a lot.

Considering the Ground adjustable Sensenich prop too

I am thinking of the GA prop myself and have an 0-320- 160hp.

Any comments on the weight considerations would be greatly appreciated as well.

Has anyone used the Ground adjustable Sensenich on an RV 7?

Dave

I have a 7 Tip Up with IO-360M1B WW200 prop Empty Wt is 1099 CG 80.82 which is more tail heavy than I would like. Especially with any baggage, two adults and low fuel.

Back