What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Port Orange Area??

crabandy

Well Known Member
Flying the Wife and kiddos to the Port Orange area mid June for a wedding and a couple of beach days, any recommendations on which airport? I think the wedding is about midway between DAB and EVB, looks like X50 and Spruce Creek (PVT) are nearby as well.
I would also appreciate any recommendations on places to stay/visit/eat as well.
Thanks,
Andy

EVB has the best priced fuel in the immediate area right now. Plenty of choices on lodging. There is a nice new Hampton Inn in New Smyrna Beach that is a couple of blocks from the beach, on Flagler Ave. Lots of shops, restaurants, bars, etc. Lots of beachfront condo rentals in the area, as well.

KSC Visitor's Center

A few years ago Jeanine and I flew to Key West and Titusville in a combined vacation and Launch watch for the Kepler Mission From Canaveral AFS. While we were there we drove down to Spruce Creek - couldn't get in - drove past the Daytona race track then up the coast back to Cocoa Beach. It was a pleasant trip but I have no clue what kids like. At Kennedy Space Center there are things to see especially the IMAX theater that you all should enjoy. I don't know what kind of tours they have anymore but it might be interesting to see launch pads 39 A & B from a historical perspective where all of the space shuttles were launched from. The Vehicle Assembly Building standing tall with the US flag painted on it may leave a lasting impression on the young minds (it did mine).

Bob Axsom

Back