What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Who is building or flying in Italy?

tkatc

Well Known Member
My wife and I are visiting Italy for the first time starting June 4th. We arrive in Rome and spend 3 days before moving on to Florence and finally Venice. We fly out of Venice on the 13th.

We would love to meet some builders/flyers while we are there. I made a similar request a couple years ago when traveling to Ireland and here is that report. http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=87439&highlight=Ireland

If anyone would like to show me your project or airplane I would love to visit.

My email is [email protected]

White pages...

Have you tried the white pages here? I see 5 in Italy with 2 in Rome. Maybe you could pm them? Good luck!

I know you'll love Italy - beautiful country and excellent food and wine (and gelato)!!:)

Hi.
I received your Pm.
I will be glad to meet you and your wife when you will come.
My RV-4 is in progress, even if I have here only the tail.
My Rv9a is 45' far from my home. Maybe we could get there, also.
Camillo

Last edited:
northern Italy

Hi, Luke is here

Trento - Mattarello

Not exactly on your way, but if you like to spend some time in the mountain ...

Just send me a pm or e-mail : info at rv8 dot it

:)

Thanks guys! We are really looking forward to seeing Italy!

This is a more detailed look at our itinerary:

June 4 arriving in Rome at 8:50 am.

June 4-6 Rome (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday)

June 7-9 Florence (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)

June 10-12 Venice (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)

June 13 we leave from venice airport back to the US.

Most mornings are planned and there is also some driving time between cities but our afternoons are generally free. Scheduling a meeting might be challenging but I am hopeful.

Please email me if you are available on those dates and we can try to connect. Email will probably be the best mode of communication until we are in country with cell phone service set up.

Luke,
I would LOVE to meet up and take a flight in your -8! I am also in contact with a -4 builder who lives in or near Treviso. Please send me an email so I have a good email address. I tried to email you before but got no response...:eek:

I cant wait to see your beautiful country!

We leave for Rome on Monday to arrive on Tuesday morning!!

My best for an enjoyable trip! I was in Rome several years ago.... I was intrigued by the history and delighted with how gracious the Italians are. It will be an excursion worthy of many photgraphs and memories.

Back