What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

BC Lower Mainland Transition Training?

123Mike

I'm New Here
Hi,

I'm toying with the idea of purchasing/importing either an RV-4 or an RV-6 and the insurance co. is asking for 5 hours of dual instruction. The stumbling block is the lack of dual controls in most RV-4s I've seen so far. Does anyone in BC provide transition training for RVs, or is this something I will have to travel south of the border for?

Thanks!
Mike

Travel South

I imported a -4 in 2007, kept it at Pitt Meadows. Went south to Oregon and had Mike Seager give me a tailwheel checkout and transition training in his -7. Worked out very well, would do it that way again.

Pilot Dog Ship said:
Are you already tailwheel qualified?
I'm relatively new to tailwheel aircraft, but I've been flying a Citabria for the past month and plan to continue flying it enough to at least stay current.

SMO said:
I imported a -4 in 2007, kept it at Pitt Meadows. Went south to Oregon and had Mike Seager give me a tailwheel checkout and transition training in his -7. Worked out very well, would do it that way again.
This is probably what I'll end up doing if I can't find someone a little closer to home.

Cheers,
Mike

RV Training lower mainland

Terry McEnvoy (250) 802-9023 ...one of the best there is; he used to do acrobatic shows with RV 4 and 6s about 15 yrs ago and spent the last 10 as chief pilot on a Citation 10. Did my transition...and broke some habits that creep into 25 years of flying!!!

Back