What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADAHRS mount

Ron B.

Well Known Member
On page18-03 , step2, says to match drill #30 the W-00012A. My W000012A has a tab type ear 1/4" wide sticking down 3/8" below the flange. This tab is not shown on any of the diagrams in the manual. There is no mention of cutting it off, but I'm guessing it must go.
On same page , figure 3 you can see one hole in the flange just above where W-00012A is labled. The tap I'm refering to would be visible sticking down below the hole in that flange.
The tab in my opinion is preventing the flange on th W-00012A from nesting down in the "J" channel properly in order to match drill.
Just checking with others before cutting it off and regretting it later.
Lastly on page 18-05, figure 2 shows a hole just left of the inspection hole on the bottom inboard skin. I did not see any mention of it's purpose. I'm guessing perhaps outside air temp.?
Thanks Ron

Tried tech. support and had a couple long waits with no luck (Sun & Fun). Sent off an e-mail and hopefully I'll get an answer.

Finally got almost half a responce to my questions. Did get, the tab is there for (Van's) bending procedure. The tab makes a straight line on the otherwise tapered flange for the bending press. I had asked if the ADHAR mount was for a Skyview or one of the other vendors?? and did not get a responce to that. I also asked where,this tapered flange (tab removed) would sit on the "J" channel. It's my understanding from installing the ADHARS in our RV-10, that positioning is critical, no responce.
I'll have to leave the mount installation until I have the ADHRS in hand and do the installation myself.

Perhaps it could be related to that same subject, I'm studying the wings assembly manual and I'm wondering where to install the secondary SkyView ADAHRS Module (the SV-ADAHRS-201 for redundancy). This of course is if you elect to choose a Skyview system.

I don't recall having seen two sets of brackets for this.

2nd ADAHRS

Perhaps it could be related to that same subject, I'm studying the wings assembly manual and I'm wondering where to install the secondary SkyView ADAHRS Module (the SV-ADAHRS-201 for redundancy). This of course is if you elect to choose a Skyview system.

I don't recall having seen two sets of brackets for this.

I've had this same question--if you want two ADAHRS, should you mount the second one adjacent to the first or find a second, completely different location?

Back