What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nose Gear Fairing Attachment

tx_jayhawk

Well Known Member
THe 7A nose gear fairing obviously attaches at the bottom via the hose clamp, yet appears to "float" in the top and is constrained by the intersection fairing.

It seems a little too loose in the current arrangement and I was planning to put a screw from the intersction fairing into the hinge of the gear fiaring near the aft edge to constrain it. Has anyone else done that and had any issues with relative movement? I know the main gear have to flex and move at the top, but it seems the nost gear is a bit different.

Thanks,
Scott

I have attached per plans. (hose clamp only). Works great. Based on wear at top, there is quite a bit of movement between the gear leg fairing and upper intersection fairing. I have some of that plastic tape (used for flap fairing rub strip) under the intersection fairing to minimize the wear. I would think putting a screw there may result in some fiberglass cracking due to the relative movement.

Last edited:
Yep, they designed it to move with the gear leg. Like you said, cracked fiberglass otherwise.

Back