What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jax, what FBO at Craig (KCRG)??

flytoday

Well Known Member
Tomorrow, Thurs, Mar 14, plan two stops at Craig. Early morning, brief stop to collect Pax. Then evening, stop for overnight, depart Fri early. Like to minimize fees (of course), willing to buy fuel if that helps.

Anyone with FBO recommendations/recent experiences at Craig (KCRG) in Jacksonville, FL?

Thx!! Carl

Carl, I used Skyharbor in January and they also hangared my -10. Use the northernmost of their two facilities for GA.

Best,

I was based out of CRG for 10 years and have used both FBO's. My choice would be Craig Air Center. Friendlier, more conducive to GA and the FBO girls are much, much hotter (at least they were).

Used Craig Air

I used Craig Air Center. Their fee was $18 for overnight parking or minimum gas purchase (I think 20 gallons @ $7+). Cordial but while inbound near sunset I called their Unicom and requested direct to tiedown parking for overnight, and that didn't get correctly coordinated. Took me two relocations to get set for overnight, as I insist on moving my own plane. Seems like Craig Air's standard operation is they relocate your plane. The overnight tiedowns are south of their facility. The Blackhawks come and go from their northern ramp. Because of the missed coordination they waived the overnight fee.

Thanks for the replies to help my trip planning!

Carl

Thanks Wingnut - no worries. Last week's travels around FL, and LVJ-DED cross countries were great! Maybe I caught Craig Air on a shift change... My Jax buddy and I visited FIT in Melbourne, friend at ORL, etc. and I shared more RV grins!

Back