What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Zinc Chromate 'can life'

E. D. Eliot

Well Known Member
Just purchased one gallon can of Zinc Chromate. There is an expiration date on the can! Just wondering how valid that date is and what are the real world consequences of using it after the expiration date?

This is important to me as I want to purchase at least one more gallon but am not sure that I would use two gallons before the expiration dates.

As usual, your collective experience is of great value to me. Thanks for the replies.

Just make sure to mix it well when you use it The good stuff will settle in the bottom of the tin. Expiry date is not that import at for that type of primer

Jan

Thank you

Thanks very much to Gil, Jan, and Kyle. Think that I'll get right back to the supplier asap and get another gallon. I appreciate the words of wisdom, Ed.

Store all your paints and ProSeal in your beer refrigerator to extend the life of those chemicals. This will triple the life of ProSeal. That said, don't store them in a refrigerator which contains food, due to possible chemical fumes.
Charlie
PS If you don't own a beer refrigerator, expect to be expelled from the brotherhood of builders! :D

Wilco

Thanks to all about zinc chromate and beer!!! Chas - WILCO - got to feel sorry for those who don't have a beer now and then!:cool:

Back