What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 fuel lines

rv6ejguy

Well Known Member
Is anybody else using fittings at the tunnel junction for the fuel selector lines rather than trying to bend a flare the long passes through the tunnel grommet as Van's suggests in the manual? Seems like the fittings would be easier and allow removal for maintenance in the future.

Comments?

Teflon fuel lines.

rv6ejguy said:
Is anybody else using fittings at the tunnel junction for the fuel selector lines rather than trying to bend a flare the long passes through the tunnel grommet as Van's suggests in the manual? Seems like the fittings would be easier and allow removal for maintenance in the future.

Comments?
I talked jim into using 3/8" SS braided, teflon fuel line we had made up at a local shop. If I remember right, was around 175 bucks for all lines inside the fuselage, with AN fittings. Easy to measure, install and lasts forever! Expensive technique, but saved hours and will NEVER fatigue or leak!
Glen

glenmthompson said:
I talked jim into using 3/8" SS braided, teflon fuel line we had made up at a local shop. If I remember right, was around 175 bucks for all lines inside the fuselage, with AN fittings. Easy to measure, install and lasts forever! Expensive technique, but saved hours and will NEVER fatigue or leak!
Glen

Glen & Ross
The idea of the teflon lines is great. A bulkhead AN fitting would also work if you can get at both sides. I'm sending this comment since I have a great deal of experience with SS braided lines. Be sure your lines are located with some padded clamps or brackets. The SS braid is VERY tough, which is good. The SS braid is very abrasive, which is bad. Be sure you don't place the braid next to another line, (like brakes, or a fuel return), because the braid will wear out anything it rubs against. Most people know this, but sometimes people are new to the braided line technology. They even make versions with a thin outer jacket to prevent wear. A very good idea.
Bill Jepson
Rotary10-RV

Back