What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lake Havasu New Year's Day Flyout 2013

Rosie

Well Known Member
Happy New Year to our ever-growing RV Family of Friends!!!!! I've not been on the computer much over the past two weeks as I've been enjoying my two weeks off from work, yee-haw! But I made time this morning to get pics up from our (13th) annual Arizona/SoCAL RV New Year's Day flyout, again to Waldo's BBQ on the Lake Havasu (KHII) airport on the Colorado River.

As always, kudos to Katie Velvick who does all the legwork in getting the groups together, and this year, for a record-breaking 46 RVs!!! There were also other RV enthusiasts/friends who flew there in non-RV aircraft (including the Whiteman Bunch) so there were well over 50 airplanes there for our BBQ lunch. The crew at Waldo's did a great job at handling our big group and look forward to having us there next year!

Here are some pics of the group starting with Rosie, Sunblock, Cougar and Condor on approach to runway 32 (photo by Mustang);

Havasu_2013_01.jpg

Havasu_2013_02.jpg

Havasu_2013_03.jpg

Havasu_2013_04.jpg

Havasu_2013_05.jpg

Here are the Divan's with Tom & Katie Velvick;

Havasu_2013_06.jpg

Six of the twelve SoCAL contingent get ready to leave;

Havasu_2013_07.jpg

Dan "Sunblock" Hall (with Anna Marie) and Larry "Hack" Hackney:

Havasu_2013_08.jpg

Mercedes "Cougar" Eulitt (with Mary) and Gary "Condor" Sobek:

Havasu_2013_09.jpg

Greg "Cheepscate" and Beth "Mustang" Scates:

Havasu_2013_10.jpg

I'm already looking forward to our New Year's Day 2014 Flyout!!!! Rosie & Tuppergal

Last edited:
From Rosie: Added one more picture here from Hack....route formation, looking north up the Colorado Rivers just after takeoff;

Havasu_2013_11.jpg

And we now return you to Mike's original post :)

Havasu_2013_02.jpg

Looks like an invasion :D

Sounds like a fun trip, Havasu is one of the places I want to visit someday.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Havasu_2013_02.jpg

Looks like an invasion :D

Sounds like a fun trip, Havasu is one of the places I want to visit someday.

Thanks for sharing with us.

....Why didn't you come? I looked all over for you! We had something for you, oh well, you guys will just have to come next year. Allan....:D

....Why didn't you come? I looked all over for you! We had something for you, oh well, you guys will just have to come next year. Allan....:D

I did not know it was going on.:(

I think I need to put it on the calendar for next year:D

nice pics, we have been there boating many time in the summer, was anyone at the sand bar?

From Rosie: I had 5 ships joining up on me (was watching airspeed) so I wasn't even looking down at the sandbar (but when solo, I love to 'cruise' over it!)

Looked like it was a great trip!

Awesome pictures!
Looks like a great time was had by all!
I can't wait to join a group of fellow RVer's and make some good memories myself!:D

Even though we use most of your water and electricity, we would
let you in :D

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SoCAL-RVlist/

Guess since I was born and raised down there, I will have to re-consider;)

Thanks guys, hope to make Havasu next year----gotta talk the wife into it now.

From Rosie: Mike, you could fly down with Andrew 'Shark Bait' Brandt who usually brings his Dad from Minden (but was snowed out this year).

Back