What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Which Kroger sunshade should I ask Santa for?

ArVeeNiner

Well Known Member
I'm asking Santa for a Kroger sunshade this year but noticed that there are two different sizes. One is a bit bigger than the other.

I have an RV-9A. Does anybody have any suggestion as to which one I should ask the jolly one for?

Thanks.

Regular Size

Kelly,
I just bought one for my 9A in the "regular" size and it's great!! Just got back from 700+nm trip for Thanksgiving and it made the trip a lot more enjoyable. The sky was pretty cloudless most of the way and the sun, as you know, will bake you under the canopy.

I do like to "open" it up while climbing descending or in the pattern though.

There are two...one for a tip-up and one for a slider canopy. The slider kit includes a drill and tap for the screws that go into the center frame, while the tip-up has a long, aluminum extrusion that gets double-sided sticky tape to the canopy.

We absolutely loved ours in the 100? Georgia weather.

Best,

how big is you slider!?!? :)

looks like there are 2 models for sliders;

Koger SunShade Standard Slider for Sliding Canopies RV-6, 7 or 9 ($165.00)

Koger SunShade Super Slider for Sliding Canopies RV-6, 7 or 9 ($230.00)

I'll guess the 'super' is longer, reaching all the way to the front bow, but that's just a guess.
we need those young whippershnappers at Koger to 'spain demselves eh?

Thanks Pierre.

Now I get it, they call it the "Super Slider" for a reason. DUH! You can't extend the tip up shade rearward at all can you?

From Van's: "The larger "Super Slider" offers 4 inches more width and 10" more length if increased coverage is desired in sliding canopy RV-6/7/9 airplanes."

I'm just wondering if it's worth $70 more for the super. I'm thinking maybe not.

I have the larger one in my RV9A and love it. The wider and longer is well worth the extra. Now that the sun is lower in the sky the extra width really helps keep the sun out of your eyes coming from the sides. You will only have to buy it once, go for it. :) if you go to my website below there is a picture of my plane with the sunshade visible from the side. You can see how far it goes to each side. It is the first picture on the home page.

Last edited:
Back