What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RVs in England?

bcondrey

Well Known Member
Patron
I'm on a trip and visiting my son in the UK and would like to see if there are any RVers in the area. I happened by the Cambridge airport today and found their flying club but it turned out to be a training school only without anybody hanging around.

Anybody building/flying within an hour drive of Lakenheath up for a visit? What airport(s) in this area would be good to drop in on that have an RV population?

Bob
RV-10 repeat builder/flyer

Bob

Crowfield has some rv's not too far from lakenheath.
Duxford is well worth a visit. No rv's but a brilliant museum and flying WW2 fighters.
How long are you staying? I might be able to meet you somewhere next week with some rv friends.
You can email me pgreid at hotmail dot com

Cheers

Peter

Bob, If you can get time to go to Cambridge, go to the Eagle Pub. It is on Bennet Street. In the back you will find the RAF bar. It is very cool. It was a hangout for GI's in WW II and afterwards. You will find the names, squadron names and other grafiti burned into the ceiling. Also, there are lots of other memoribilia on the walls. Don't miss Duxford. It will take all day and is well worth it. In addition to airplanes, they have the Land Warfare mueum there. Every kind of tank, truck, jeep etc. you can imagine is in that building. Hendon in London is another neat museum. It is compariable the the AF Museum. The RAF Chapel at Biggon Hill in London is also neat. You might contact David Broom he has a RV-6 and is building a [email protected] He is a great guy and spent a whole day with me a few years back. tom

Back