What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Love's Landing Fly-In

Very good Fly-in

Ollie & Lorene have hosted it many years and the best food I have ever seen and plenty of it. Usually more than 100 planes. Grass runway has always been smooth, but has a blind rise on the south end. Just be watchfull, not a problem. Barbara & I will be there.

Someone tell Ollie "hi" for me. The last gathering I was at there was to celebrate my Dad's life.:( My Dad's the one on Ollie's "wall of honor" with the Yak 52 TW.

Ollie & Lorene have hosted it many years and the best food I have ever seen and plenty of it. Usually more than 100 planes. Grass runway has always been smooth, but has a blind rise on the south end. Just be watchfull, not a problem. Barbara & I will be there.

As I remember, be aware when landing on the south heading, it's like a table top. You need to bleed the speed off or you re-launch.
This year I get to land as a TW airplane. :)

See you there.

ill see you all there. cant believe dan will be there! 123.15 inbound. talk to you in the air. ill be leaving stuart around 8:30. that will put me up at 2RR river ranch around 9 am. email me [email protected] if you want to fly up together. :)

As I remember, be aware when landing on the south heading, it's like a table top. You need to bleed the speed off or you re-launch.
This year I get to land as a TW airplane. :)

See you there.

Been there, done that. Much to the amusement of the "Buzzard's Row" I'm sure!
Pretty sure it's landing northbound though.

"We're down, not too bad. Hey, why is the earth falling away? ****! Get some power in and catch it! Okay, salvaged that. Whew!"

Still RV-less

The best grass roots (love me a good pun) fly-in in Florida as far as I'm concerned. Ollie and Lorene are awesome hosts and kind people. Having said that, I'm not sure I want to drone on up there in a beat up rented Cessna 152. If any local RVers or anyone passing through the area (I'm at KPCM - 7 miles West of KLAL) need an extra 155 lbs in their right/back seat for weight and balance purposes, I can help with that! :D I'll cover lunch and chip in for fuel.....and be grateful for the seat time, of course. Let me know if you're interested, please.

Good to hear I will not be eating alone. Sorry Ryan, not really on my way. I haven't finished the RV-9 yet so I will be in the Citabria.
Weather should be perfect. See ya there.

Call George

I have a PAX but George may have an extra seat.

PM'd you with his home number.

Weather Saturday for Loves Landing Fly In

Looks like WX is going to be perfect !!!
4 coming in 2 RV's from KZPH

No Excuses Dan.

saturdayklee.jpg

Well I broke the mixture cable on the Citabria yesterday so I guess it will be the spam can tomorrow. See ya'll there.

Had a great time here today.
I meet so many VAF pilots. It was great meeting them in person.
I finally got to meet Turbo & we have pictures to prove I was there. :)

Organzers said they had 130 planes fly in. I bet more than half of those were RVs. That's a lot of airplanes flying into a small local grass strip airpark.
They had plenty of food & great hospitality.

Last edited:
Great Florida day for it. Good to meet you today Dan. As promised I plan on being there next year in the new RV-9.

Yesterday was an awesome day for the LL fly-in. I can't remember an ATIS that reported UNLIMITED visiblility in FL in over 20 years. I took some photos that I will post later today as I left the camera in the plane after we returned home. We may have been at the last fly in that will be hosted by Ollie and Lorene. They had over 200 for lunch. Next week is the annual fly in at Winterhaven, FL. Another "not to be missed" event. Usually over 100 planes and a fantastic buffet lunch put on by the whole airpark community. See you all there.

Loves Fly-in

A hearty thanks to all the RVers that flew in for our annual Loves Landing Fly-in.With perfect weather it was a record turnout. I did not hear a plane count, but as far as the line of planes went it had to be well over 100 and it looked like 50% or more were RVs. I know we fed 325+ people.
Thanks to all for making it our best fly-in.
Ollie

Back