What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7A CFI checkout

60av8tor

Well Known Member
Hi folks,

Did transition training with Jan Bussell in July in his 6A in preparation for purchase of an 8A. My insurance agent (thru NationAir) was able to secure coverage at a reasonable cost with only Jan's transition training.

Shortly before completing the sale, I was sent overseas with the military for an unknown period of time. A couple weeks from returning now and have a 7A that I am purchasing in Winter Haven - KGIF.

The insurance underwriter is now requiring (they claim due to my 3-month gap in flying) that I have a checkout with a CFI who has at least 10 hours 7A time prior to solo flight.

I will be returning to the US in about 2-3 weeks. If anyone knows of any qualified CFIs fairly close, I'd greatly appreciate the suggestions.

Thanks!

I am not that close, Stuart Florida. But if you cannot find someone closer, give me a call. Running a special for military types, free.

Jon, I'd be happy to do the honors...ex Army myself and it'll be on me. I have over 500 hours in my old -6A, 250 in my -10 and have flown them all, except the -3. Buy my fuel and I'll fly my -10 down to ya. I'm about 100 miles/20 minutes, from you.

478 494 three 7 fife 7.

Best,

Back