What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AC for the 10?

spaciousair said:
www.flightlineac.com is advertising new ac system for the 10 at a great price. Says good through Oshkosh.

Yeah, I saw them at Sun 'n fun. It looks like it really works, but it's just one more thing under the cowl. The 28 volt system can be installed in baggage but they are a little silent on how much it weighs. The cost of the 28V is also higher, but GPU capability is the big plus.
John

rv10 air conditioning

You may want to look at Airflow Systems air conditioning unit www.airflow-systems.com. I am installing this on my aircraft. FlightLineAC has been trying to copy the Airflow air conditioining system. I do not think they have a unit available for installation.
I looked into the electric systems also, but they are 10 pounds heavier and move the CG back. The Airflow system only moves the cg back 3/8". The down side of the electric air condtioning is you have to have a 28 volt system in your aircraft to run it. Also to have an Alternator that can put out enough power at idle would cost you $2000.00. Alex De Dominicis has the Airflow system in his aircraft. He should be at Oshkosh.

RV10 Ac all Ready Flying

I'm very happy with the AC unit in my RV10. The airflow system is working better than my wife ever though possible. She will not go back to one with out AC. My RV10 should be parked at Van's booth at OSH. Airflow Systems should be around my airplane to answer any questions. He can also be reach by phone at 949-680-0085

Alex De Dominicis
www.AviationTechProducts.com

Actions speak louder than words...meaning a flying installed customer example that actually exists in the type of plane you are building (does no good to say you've got something "close" in another type of plane) is worth much more than any advertising, marketing, or airshow demos. Do your homework and you'll see quite a difference between the 2 offerings as far as what's flying in a -10 as of today.

One a side note, Alex's installation is pretty nice as well. His overhead console is something to look at if you're considering it, a/c or not.

Just my 2 cents as usual.

Cheers,
Stein
RV6's, Minneapolis.

P.S., I have no affiliation to either company either.

Back