What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for RV-8 ride in Phoenix

Gash

Well Known Member
I have my inspection in 1 week and was wondering if I could hitch a ride in somebody's RV-8 backseat in Phoenix, just to "warm up" my RV senses again. I did the transition training with Alex in his -7 awhile back, but would just like to get a flight from the backseat of an -8 now that the big day is approaching. I'd be glad to pay for gas, buy your lunch, beer-up the fridge, whatever. Many thanks!

Time frame?

Hey Juvat. I am still in phase I (22 hours) but if you can wait a while I could fly up from Tucson.

Thanks very much for the offer! My first flight is next week though, so by the time you can take pax, I will be flying my own bird. Let's meet someplace in the middle for some BFM one of these days. We can phone brief and then drop into Marana for breakfast (loser buys!)

Yesterday on a whim I flew the -8 from Kansas to Dallas for Walt to balance my prop (awesome job/guy by the way), and on an even bigger whim I flew from Dallas to Phoenix (parked at stellar) late at night. Anyway, I can give a ride tomorrow morning if you are available. I can fly to Goodyear or you can meet me at stellar. Lemme know.

Ryan

Ryan,
Thank you so much for the offer! Unfortunately, I'm out of town for the long weekend and can't meet you tomorrow. Bummer! That's very nice of you to offer though...

Back