What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tombstone AZ

az_gila

Well Known Member
In response to a thread on Copperstate, I did some checking with the city of Tombstone about airport transportation.

1. For just a few folks

Call Gayle at 520-559-5869 and she can pick you up, and take you back, in a regular car.

2. For large groups

The town can schedule their trolley to pick you up. Call Tess Adams at 520-235-5843

Both of the above need to be scheduled in advance.

As a tourist town, they have seemed to be quite helpful, with the Town Secretary answering my e-mails after the Chamber of Commerce.

Tombstone

I have spent some time there, with my Youngest, when she was stationed near there.

They have a nice hotel in town.

The bars and restaurants become "normal" places after 6PM, and you can eat, play pool or listen to a band, at "Big Nose Kate's" on the main drag (still dirt for tourist reasons), and the food is pretty good.

My kid loves that little town, and Kate's is one of her Favorites even after traveling over 35 countries!

I had fun shooting pool on the corner, with a 3rd or 4th generation "sheep rancher" with "around 1500 acres or so....", for about 4 hours and God knows how many Adult Beverages:)

My kid was stunned and laughed all night about her Dad).

Fun time, great town, ya'll enjoy! I'm jealous!

I recall hearing that one of the restaurants/hotels monitors the ATIS frequency and will give you a ride in if you ask them to.

I recall hearing that one of the restaurants/hotels monitors the ATIS frequency and will give you a ride in if you ask them to.

I think that might be Gayle with the number posted above.

However a phone call first would be in order...

The information in the first post came from Tess Adams, who according to Regina, the Tombstone City Secretary, handles the airport.

Last edited:
Back