What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CreativAir Strobe Pack wiring question

mikehoover

Well Known Member
The CreativAir strobe kit comes with the 3-conductor shielded wire which has that fourth bare wire. Is that supposed to be grounded somewhere or just cut it off and forget it? I have put the molex pins on the red, black and clear wires and have the bare wire dangling. There is only the three wires required, but I hate to cut off the bare wire before I know for sure.
Thanks!

You connect all the shields (the bare wire) at the power supply unit and ground them. You do not have to connect the shield to anything at the strobe light end. Easy as that. Not sure if it was in my instructions from CreativAir. Think I read it on one of the Whelen instruction sheet and on other builder sites.

Had the same question when I was wiring it a while back. Emailed Bill VonDane and he confirmed what Scott said above.

I just received my LED light kit from CreativAir. Looks great. I'll be having some fun with solder tonight!

Dave

Groaning?

Scott Will said:
You connect all the shields (the bare wire) at the power supply unit and ground them. You do not have to connect the shield to anything at the strobe light end. Easy as that. Not sure if it was in my instructions from CreativAir. Think I read it on one of the Whelen instruction sheet and on other builder sites.

Just got a reply from Bill at CreativAir. He said, "The shield has no cover and should be groaned at the power supply."

Not sure what "groaned" means but I would think it means to attached all three bare wires to a terminal (or one terminal for each wire) and ground them on the power supply's base plate along with the chassis ground.

Also, what is the popular mode of power and flash? Quad or Double flash? High or Low power?

Thanks!

Back