What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

KJZI info request

Ben Beaird

My wife and I will be flying to Charleston, SC from Sheboygan, WI on or around July 6th for 4-5 days (WX depending). We will actually be staying on Kiawah Island, so I am planning on landing at Charleston Executive (KJZI).

If there is anyone in the group with experience and advice regarding flying into this area, I'd appreciate hearing it. Especially related to alternate airports, tie down/hangar fees and availability and the like.

I've already reviewed Airnav and AOPA information and comments.

Thanks,
Ben Beaird
-6A 150hrs

My 7A is not yet flying, but I did fly my Bonanza into KCHS (the bigger airport) a few weeks ago and had no issues. The FBO (Mercury, although they called themselves something else) drove us over to the passenger terminal so we could pick up the rental car. On the way out, we just left the car at the FBO. I was there about 3 days and they waived the parking charge, as I took on about 50 gallons of fuel (check with them upon landing to get the parking waived). No first hand info on the Exec airport, but CHS worked out well for me. Commercial traffic is fairly light and no issues with general aviation at all.
You might want to check www.airnav.com for some other 'first-hand' info on these 2 airports.

Back