What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

San Juan Islands

EdH

Well Known Member
Any RV builders/flyers in the San Juan islands?

My wife and I fly into Seattle on the 1st August, heading onwards to the Islands (Friday Harbor as primary base) and aim to be there till the 8th.

Im not sure about builders on the islands, but there are plenty nearby. Arlington (KAWO) has a HUGE RV contingent. On a nice day, you can see 10-15 go flying... some in formation :cool:

Welcome to the Pacific North West. You will enjoy your stay!

Welcome to the Northwest. Besides Arlington (AWO) there are many RV's at PAine Field (KPAE) also. I am currently flying a Super Decathlon while I build a Harmon Rocket. One of my wife's favorite restaraunts is on Orcas Island in the town of Eastsound. The airport has grass to tie-down on overnight and you can camp under your wing. Town is a short walk, the nice restaraunt is "Allium". In Friday Harbor a nice restaraunt is "The Place" on the water very near the ferry. Enjoy yourselves !!!

Welcome to the Northwest. Besides Arlington (AWO) there are many RV's at PAine Field (KPAE) also. I am currently flying a Super Decathlon while I build a Harmon Rocket. One of my wife's favorite restaraunts is on Orcas Island in the town of Eastsound. The airport has grass to tie-down on overnight and you can camp under your wing. Town is a short walk, the nice restaraunt is "Allium". In Friday Harbor a nice restaraunt is "The Place" on the water very near the ferry. Enjoy yourselves !!!

...and, in my collection, a shot taken from the outdoor deck of The Place, a short walk from the airport...

friday.jpg

Travelling by air is much quicker than the ferry...:)

We were warned in Canada that customs at Friday Harbor was not too pleasant, and they were right. But it's a nice place to visit, just that the day we had lunch there it was a record breaking 100F...:rolleyes:

Going back that direction this summer.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pointers, while I've not found anyone building on the island, at least one RV'er hopes to come across for lunch :)

Back