What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

St George / Hurricane

g zero

Well Known Member
Just sold my home in Fl , sold my Skybolt , should have the Rv8 done by Jan,Feb. looking to move west . What is this hangar status at the new St .George airport? Or the Hurricane airport ? I am looking at Grassy Meadows Airpark but looks like they spent all of their reserves on a $750k lawsuit. I have an email in to the St. George airport but any info would help.
Tom

RE: Some Answers ....Probably more ?????

I am based at Hurricane, 1L8 . There are no tie downs and there no hangers for sale that I am aware of. But who knows just because there is know sign doesn't mean $$$$$$$$$$ doesn't talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saint Georg, KSGU, is a great new airport. There are a number of tie downs available, hangers for rent, and a number of hangers for sale.

Grassy with the conclusion of the legal stuff should be more stable. Great place to live, most that live there are wonderful folks, and beauitful homes, in a recreationally active setting.

All in all if you want to live with your plane Grassy would be a great choice. If you want a new place then KSGU should be considered. If you want a bumpy/rough runway with a wonderful airport manager then head to 1L8..........

In the end you need to come out and inspect each plus other possible communities that have activive aviation communities......

Back