What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airports in Vancouver - Camus Washington Area?

JVolkober

Well Known Member
My wife and I are relocating to Camus Washington. Pearson Field and Grove Airport look like the two alternatives for basing my RV-9A. Does anyone have a recommendation or comments about either?

John

A lt of hangers available in Kelso

We have our RV9A at Kelso. Lots of hangers available if you are interested in being a little further north.

KTTD?

Another option might be Troutdale in Oregon just across the river, nice folks there, had a tower last time I checked...About a 30 min drive I'd guess.
Can get windy being right at the W end of the Gorge...

Pearson Field

My wife and I are relocating to Camus Washington. Pearson Field and Grove Airport look like the two alternatives for basing my RV-9A. Does anyone have a recommendation or comments about either?

John

We are at Person Field, T hangers are $330 and I think there are some empty ones. Person is a very nice airport with quite a few RVs, it's the only//best place to be in the Vancouver area.

$330...cough, cough..Gasp!

I guess the $140 we pay in Corvallis is a good deal then huh?..:)

Frank

I'd say $140 is a great deal. I'm paying $309 at Petaluma (O69). Grove rents, my alternative to Pearson, are around $245.

John

I wish I could get hanger rent that low. Here in Anchorage, rent is $700 per month and up. And I have to pay the heat bill on top of that!

Back