What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Exchange board?

Buggsy2

Well Known Member
For many years--decades--there have been home exchange or vacation clubs. The idea is you offer your house in exchange for someone else's house. They stay in your house, you stay in theirs, you both save a lot on lodging for your vacation. Or, maybe you don't exchange simultaneously, and you show your new guests around and they do likewise when you visit them.

I've wondered if the same sort of thing could be practiced with an emphasis on RVs. Wouldn't it be great if, when traveling in another country, you could meet some RV pilots, get rides with them, and see their part of their country from the air?

If there were a place to swap names and contact info the parties could arrange details. At least they get a ride in the other host's RV (not solo). Beyond that it's up to the parties. Maybe they stay in each other's home, maybe not. Maybe the RV trip is just a 1-hour ride, or maybe it's several days and nights and a real cross-country. It's whatever they want to arrange.

My thinking is that the visitor should pay for the fuel costs, so the host isn't stuck with that. Beyond that is up to what they figure out, and legal in their country for their license.

Any interest? I know I am happy to show visitors around Northern California and the SF Bay Area in my Aircoupe while I'm still building the RV. And I would love to see other places from an airplane without trying to rent one. Seems there could be a market for these voluntary exchanges.

RV Hotel

Look at the RV Hotel section from the home page of this site. I think it's what you are talking about.

Back