What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Chino

Thank you. We had a great time. There were 51 RVs that flew in for the RV BBQ. Dave "Hog" Klages was a wonderful host as usual.

It was an awesome day! Lots of pictures on my website. Lots and lots of WWII hardware flying all day long.

I flew up from San Diego MYF with RV-7A builders Roee Kalinsky and Bruce Swayze in a rental Piper Cherokee. We landed just as the RV formation groups flew in.

I really appreciated all of the support from the Chino locals. The rental plane wouldn't start and after 3 hours of trouble shooting and removal/repair of the starter motor, we finally got it started and left at 8pm.

Glad you guys made it out.

Break

A gentleman from your group approached me as I was going out to fly the last formation flight. As politely as I could I told him that I would came back and chat after the flight. I came back but did not see the gentleman. I don?t remember his name but he told me he was building an RV. If you are the gentleman I briefly spoke with, my apologies. If not, could you please pass my apologies to him? Thank you.

Glad you guys made it out.
A gentleman from your group approached me as I was going out to fly the last formation flight. As politely as I could I told him that I would came back and chat after the flight. I came back but did not see the gentleman. I don?t remember his name but he told me he was building an RV. If you are the gentleman I briefly spoke with, my apologies. If not, could you please pass my apologies to him? Thank you.

Axel,

That was me! Sorry it took me this long to respond, I just now found this post. We had a great time that day, and no offense whatsoever was taken. I just wanted to shake your hand and look inside your plane, since I've seen a lot of your posts here and I admired what you've accomplished. We must have been gone by the time you came back. That was my first time ever to visit Chino. I live here in Oregon, close to Vans, so I'm sure I'll be running into you again. Thanks again for being so nice.

Cheers!

Back