What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pacesetter Prop

CraigH@KRPH

Well Known Member
My newly purchased 6A has a wood Pacesetter climb prop. I've been searching the web, but am unable to find a contact number for Pacesetter that works. I did stumble across a listing where the company was for sale. Are they out of business? Just trying to figure out what my options would be if I were to need another prop someday, or support on the one that I've got.

Graig, I bought a Pacesetter for my six about 12 or 13 years ago, two years ago I tried to find them and like you I had no success. I did have a phone number but no one ever answered it and there wasn't any type of answering machine. The prop worked great but seemed to be more of a climb than cruise. I now have a wood Sensenich (cruise) on the six and it works good also. I still have the Pacesetter and can switch back if I want. Long story to say I don't think you'll find anything on the Pacesetter, and thats too bad because it was a good prop.
Shine'r
Sunny Pittsburgh Pa.

Shine'r,

Mine is a climb prop as well. Climbs like a a scaled ape, but cruise at 3500ft, 80F, 2350 RPM is only about 152mph groundspeed. What type of increase did you see when you swapped to the cruise speed? I'm considering a switch to a Sensenich metal prop because I infrequently fly in rain, but love the smoothness of the wood prop.

Pacesetter prop

Craig,
I had the same problem a few years ago....I bought a -4 with a Pacesetter 200 prop. I came to find out that Pacesetter is out of business. I don't know if anyone took over the operation and changed the name. The upside is that there are a number of very good prop makers out there....take a look at Catto.
Hope this helps
CAVU,
Glenn
N654RV @ Okz

Craig, Remember everything is a trade off. I did pick up about 10 to 12 MPH at the same RPM, but you do lose the climb. I like the wooden Sensenich but I may be a little over piched now because I can't get to the 2750 RPM. I fly in very little rain if any (polished airplane.) I've heard a lot of pilots say good things about the metal Sensenich so it may be a good choice for you. The climb is not bad but just not as good as you now have. Enjoy.
Shine'r
Sunny Pittsburgh Pa.

Back