What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Palm springs or Bermuda dunes?

jjconstant

Well Known Member
I need to go to Indian Wells for 2 days and was wondering who treats transient aircraft better...Palm Springs or Bermuda Dunes? Any experience out there in SoCal land with either?

All Best

Jeremy Constant

Bermuda Dunes

It was about 5 years ago on my way to Vegas that we landed in Bermuda Dunes. They were very friendly and I don't remember any fees, but we did buy fuel. We were only there overnight, but it worked out well for us. I haven't been into Palm Springs since the 70's, so no idea on how they are. We didn't want to deal with the tower and airline traffic, so Bermuda Dunes was the answer. It was cool landing right next to the highway too.

RE: Bermuda Dunes

Bermuda Dunes will treat you right. They waived all fees if I bought gas .....
This was October 2010. I would give them a call to get the straight scope!!!!

Bermuda Dunes is a good place

I stopped for 3 days at Bermuda Dunes in February of this year. Good place and friendly. They waved tiedown costs when I bought fuel. Fuel is expensive, but it will be worse at Palm Springs. Bring your own tiedown ropes.

Dan Miller
RV-8 N3TU

Burmuda Dunes

I have landed at both Palm Springs and Burmuda Dunes.

Burmuda Dunes: is the best by far, (my experience.)
Daily fee is low and waived with a fuel up. You don't get the sand blasting of your plane like at Palm Springs, so you can actually feel ok about tie down outside. I have tied down their every year visiting our son for a week at a time, x 3, with no problems. There is always room. You can arange for hanger in a storm. People are great. Great airport security. They have rental cars at the airport that we use, although there is only one car company at Burmuda dunes airport. Very light commercial traffic. No tower.

Palm Springs: Nice but 4 times the cost and lots of wind blowing sand.
$20 per day tie down where we went. They parked us between two business jets, (more sand blasting!) Nice service with a golf cart. All car rental options. Security seemed questionable. Very heavy commercial traffic, (even more sand blasting)

Burmuda Dunes is where we go now exclusively

Bermuda Dunes is the place for Indian Wells. As others have said they will waive the fees with a fuel purchase.

Rick
who lives a mile from Bermuda Dunes (hint hint):D

Bermuda Dunes

Agree with Rick. Plus Palm Springs is 25+ minutes away vs. 5 for BD. (Assuming no speeding is involved ;) )

DJ (who lives in Bermuda Dunes!)

Thanks guys....Bermuda dunes it is! I hate the idea of having my new paint sand blasted...

Love this site:)

All best

Jeremy Constant

Hero at large

Bermuda Dunes has another advantage.

One of the line guys, Mac is an american hero. Former Navy SEAL...back before those guys made movies.

He's also a heck of a nice guy.

Back