What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Actual waiting list times for Deer Valley Airport, AZ T-Hangars.

jmitchell

Well Known Member
Hi all,

Looking for a home for my RV-8.

I just sent my deposit to Deer Valley Airport to be put on the waiting list for a small T-Hangar. They told me the wait is typically 3-5 months for the small T-Hangars.

Can anyone verify this from personal experience? If it will be any longer than this I need to look elsewhere.

Thanks kindly.

That sounds about right for the current wait time. A couple of years ago the wait list was over 5 yrs. The economy has really shortened the wait list for the small T hangers. The wait list for the large T hangers was still about 7 yrs the last time I saw the list.

Jeff, I was just there last week and checked on that very thing. The guy at the desk gave me a bunch of printed info about rules & regs, types of hangars/tiedowns available and costs. The current wait time is running about 6 months.

Considering my current situation where I own my hangar on a nice, private airport and have very few restrictions on what I can and can't do and have almost no ongoing costs ... I'm not sure that I'll keep my plane if we move out there anytime soon. That's discouraging, but it's hard to go from such freedom and value to restrictions and expense unless you simply live to fly.

And I don't.

Tom, did those stickers work out for you?

Hi Jeff, Tom has it about right but if you come out or want to contact me, There is usually a solution. :) 602-770-7561 Larry

Thanks!

Thank you for the replies. I have been seriously considering SkyRanch at Carefree, which has available T-Hangars now but I want to check out DVT first hand before I commit. A small T hangar at DVT is less than half the monthly cost of SkyRanch.

Thanks for the offer Larry, I am planning a trip down to AZ at the end of April for a final hangar scouting mission. I would like to speak with you more on the subject. I will drop you a line closer to my departure date.

Any other advice or suggestions on suitable (and soon to be available) T-Hangar space in AZ for my RV-8 (project, 85% complete) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

Thank you for the replies. I have been seriously considering SkyRanch at Carefree, which has available T-Hangars now but I want to check out DVT first hand before I commit. A small T hangar at DVT is less than half the monthly cost of SkyRanch.

Thanks for the offer Larry, I am planning a trip down to AZ at the end of April for a final hangar scouting mission. I would like to speak with you more on the subject. I will drop you a line closer to my departure date.

Any other advice or suggestions on suitable (and soon to be available) T-Hangar space in AZ for my RV-8 (project, 85% complete) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

When we were visiting Carefree last fall, we got a great tour of the Sky Ranch. I was envisioning Smokey nestled all comfy in a hangar there ... until I found out the costs!

They had a list posted of hangars available, and the prices ranged from $200,000 for a small T-hangar to $750,000-$1M+ for larger ones. Add to that the $800 per quarter airport dues and it soon became quite evident that it's well beyond my means to ever call Sky Ranch my home. :mad:

If you got the scratch for it, good on ya! I've been spoiled here in flyover country ... now, if we could only get rid of the snow and cold ...

I think my perfect solution is to find someone at Stellar whose airplane wants a hangar-mate. :) Then, I can live in the relatively inexpensive houses just outside the development 6 months a year. I doubt it is very probable, but I can daydream about it.

So, is there a good snowbird solution if you have an airplane? Given the waiting lists for hangars, it doesn't seem like there will be a solution with 6 months in Phoenix and 6 months somewhere else.

I'll be flying down to KGEU for 3 nights over the Memorial Day weekend and visiting my in-laws in Sun City. I was down there in a Bonanza a couple years ago, but this will be my first trip in the RV.

Back