What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tampa-Fort Meyers airpark?

cawmd82

Well Known Member
Ok so I know thats a fairly good distance....

Anyone have any tips on airparks along this stretch that are on or fairly near the water? Prefer paved and hangar available...

Details flexible....

We are going to be visiting the area this weekend-albeit via SWA/Hertz-and would like some suggestions.

Thanks in advance.....

Venice. (KVNC)
I can see the beach from my hangar, well, sort of.
Check the NOTAMS for runway closures in the next few weeks though.

Venice not an airpark

KVNC, Venice is not an airpark, but it is on the Gulf.

Buckingham airpark is just east of Ft Myers. Then there is Hidden Lakes and Hidden River. One is east of Sarasota and one is up near St Pete. I always get the two names confused. They are not near the water however.

I too searched for airparks on the gulf but ended up buying a house in Venice about a mile from the beach and a mile from the airport. There seem to be many more choices airpark-wise on the east coast and many near/on the ocean.

Good luck.

Gordon

Ft. Meyers fields

You have Page Field FMY at Ft. Meyers and you also have another one at Punta Gorda PGD close to gulf.

Know about these two fields as have been looking to base my plane when I move to Florida in a couple years. All you can do is check them out.

Back