What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Quick-Grip clamps-Great deal at Home Depot

Pmerems

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Fellow Builders,

If you haven't used the Quick-Grip bar clamps from Irwin (Also formally Vise-Grip) yet you don't know what you have been missing.

163037_4.jpeg

I have been using them throughout my RV project and they are indispensable. I have been using 4 clamps over the years and I needed to buy some more. I looked at the Home Depot website and they sell 2 clamps (6?) for $19.97. I went down to Home Depot this morning to make my purchase. I found the clamps on the rack and happen to notice that there was a 4 clamp package for the same price $19.97. This must be a special buy or something.

That is a great price at $5.00 each. So for those who need a few Quick-Grip clamps, hurry down to Home Depot before this special by disappears.

I saw those at Home Depot the other day and wondered about them. I will now scoot over and buy a 4 pak.

Thanks for the information

Pmerems said:
That is a great price at $5.00 each. So for those who need a few Quick-Grip clamps, hurry down to Home Depot before this special by disappears.
Those do look like a great deal for a brand-name clamp. I buy my clamps at Harbor Freight, though... I'm sure the Irwin ones are better quality, but the HF clamps have been working just fine. Not only are they cheap to begin with but they are often on sale. Same goes for all sorts of other tools. Stay away from their power tools, though...

Wishes,
Boris
-7 empennage

P.S. The DRDT-2 has been working great! :D

I found the same clamps for about the same price at Lowe's about six months ago. I was just about to pick up a package of 2 for $19.95, when I noticed the package of 4 for the same price. As others have said, they work great!

borislav said:
Those do look like a great deal for a brand-name clamp. I buy my clamps at Harbor Freight, though... I'm sure the Irwin ones are better quality, but the HF clamps have been working just fine. Not only are they cheap to begin with but they are often on sale. Same goes for all sorts of other tools. Stay away from their power tools, though...

Wishes,
Boris
-7 empennage

P.S. The DRDT-2 has been working great! :D

Last week a bought 4 quick release Harbor Freight clamps for $3.00 each on sale. I hadn't used them yet. Then I came accross the Home Depot Quick-Grip 4 pack. For $2.00 more per clamp I would gladly pay for the Quick-Grips brand. I'm going to return the HF clamps later this week. :)

Harbor Freight is still a great place to buy all kinds of stuff. I have one of their HVLP spray guns ~$39. It works great for primering. :)

Stay away from Harbor Freight air hoses (no-name brand-black in color). I had a hose (stationary use-not dragged accross the shop) rupture the other week. It ruptured :( during the night and noticed when I entered the shop the next morning. I estimate my compressor ran for 7-10 hrs without stopping. Thank goodness the compressor didn't get damaged. I have name brand air hoses that I bought 20 years ago and they haven't given me any trouble.

unplug it

Pmerems said:
I had a hose (stationary use-not dragged accross the shop) rupture the other week. It ruptured :( during the night and noticed when I entered the shop the next morning. I estimate my compressor ran for 7-10 hrs without stopping. ...
That's exactly why I unplug everything in my shop before I leave, even for lunch. Also, stuff that's plugged in causes a lot of fires. I don't want my pride and joy to burn up due to a short.

Pmerems said:
Fellow Builders,

If you haven't used the Quick-Grip bar clamps from Irwin (Also formally Vise-Grip) yet you don't know what you have been missing.

163037_4.jpeg

I have been using them throughout my RV project and they are indispensable. I have been using 4 clamps over the years and I needed to buy some more. I looked at the Home Depot website and they sell 2 clamps (6?) for $19.97. I went down to Home Depot this morning to make my purchase. I found the clamps on the rack and happen to notice that there was a 4 clamp package for the same price $19.97. This must be a special buy or something.

Paul, You got a great deal! But before others waste gas money driving to the store (like I did), call first. My store didn't have that special, and didn't know anything about it, even though I am in the same city as Paul. Now, do I drive across town?????

couldn't find the clamps in Cedar Rapids

I went out to HD in Cedar Rapids IA today (Memorial Day) and they had not heard of any sale on bar clamps. They only had 2 packs in stock, at regular price.

Does anyone have a SKU number or something? I would drive to another HD to get these (after calling first)

Quick-Grip 4 pack SKU number

IowaRV9Dreamer said:
I went out to HD in Cedar Rapids IA today (Memorial Day) and they had not heard of any sale on bar clamps. They only had 2 packs in stock, at regular price.

Does anyone have a SKU number or something? I would drive to another HD to get these (after calling first)

Here is the SKU number for the 4 pack of Quick-Grips

My receipt shows 038548067735 (Home Depot- purchase date 05/28/06)

Corrected SKU number

Pmerems said:
Here is the SKU number for the 4 pack of Quick-Grips

My receipt shows 038548067735 (Home Depot- purchase date 05/28/06)

The Correct SKU number is 038548067735

Thanks Paul - and great DRDT-2 dimpler

Paul - thanks for the SKU. I'm setting up my shop this weekend and just assembled my DRDT-2. I was very impressed with the quality, the instructions, and the overall fit & finish. I can't wait to dimple something!

dave

Even in Canada;eh

Went into the Home Depot in Alberta, Canada. The staff didn't know if they had any or not. The price was not the same but the valve was still there. I bought 2 pkg for a total of 8 clamps. You can never have enough clamps. Thanks for the tip :)
Russel Koch
Working on EMP for 9

Back