What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How do you subscribe?

I am, apparently, a computer jerk - I can't figure our how to subscribe to a thread. Might it be possible for a step-by-step instruction be put up for those of us can't-hardlys?

I am, apparently, a computer jerk - I can't figure our how to subscribe to a thread. Might it be possible for a step-by-step instruction be put up for those of us can't-hardlys?

While in a forum (reading as post) You will see "Forum Tools" (see pic below) on the title bar to the right.

Click the little downward pointing triangle and choose subscribe to this forum

It will then ask how you want to be notified (daily, weekly or no email). CAUTION: a busy forum will generate a lot of emails. You can always change this later.

Dkb

After you type a response to a thread, do not hit the "submit reply" button, scroll down a bit and you will see a list called "additional options".

Subscribe is in the list. Drop down menu.

Check the manner of subscription you want, and then use the "submit reply" button located below the "additional options" pane.

While in a forum (reading as post) You will see "Forum Tools" (see pic below) on the title bar to the right.

Click the little downward pointing triangle and choose subscribe to this forum

It will then ask how you want to be notified (daily, weekly or no email). CAUTION: a busy forum will generate a lot of emails. You can always change this later.

Dkb

Actually, it's while in a thread and the menu item reads 'Thread Tools'.

Brent, I don't mean to doubt but I don't see it. I can't find any menu item called 'Forum Tools' or any mechanism to subscribe to the entire forum. Could you post that picture you mentioned in your first post; I'm willing to be proven wrong and maybe learn something.

No Problem

No problem. Hopefully the image shows. The menu only shows up when you are viewing the forum.... if you are viewing a thread, you get the thread menu.

I hope this helps.
VAF2011_12_05.png

Ah, there's my problem. I don't view the sub-fora. I always view from a search-list, like 'New Posts', and the top forum menu doesn't have any subscription choices other than to view them. Thanks for the pic; I learned a new trick.

Got it!

Thanks to all who chipped in to provide direction on subscribing to a forum. I am now subscribed, thanks to y'all.

Silver Fox

Back